Original Uniti Reset

Hi team, I have an original naim uniti from back in the day, like all others I am sure the screen is now totally dead. Not an issue as the app works fine.

However I am certain its set up for small speakers Plus Sub, as thats how I have used it for ages. But now I want to hook a full range pair on it without sub.

Is there are way to factory reset the uniti? I guess that would put it back to normal speaker mode, or can someone give me the exact sequence I need to go through :slight_smile:

There is an easy way to do a factory reset of an old streamer without the screen working but I forget what it is. @NeilS knows though! If he doesn’t come along in a few hours, I’m happy to go and write down the key presses for you.

Best

David

Press & hold “stop” on the front panel while switching the power on, you need to hold it long enough for the unit to boot past the splash screen, so give it 5 to 10 seconds before releasing.
The reset takes a minute or two & should reboot to a connectable state via the default DHCP setting.
The default setting for the speakers is large, but I can’t recall if that’s with or without sub. (Kind of moot anyway).

Regards
Neil.

Edit: Tony’s post below has reminded me - you may need to press mute after the long stop, I can’t recall if this is required, but it won’t do any harm to press it anyway.

1 Like

Well done @NeilS hope all is good with you? My serviced SuperUniti is still working excellently btw!

Best

David

1 Like

Very well thanks David - good to hear your SU is still happy!
Hoping you are also well.
All the best.
Neil.

1 Like

Hi I have tried this twice no dice, there is defo some thinking taking place my app does not show the uniti then eventually it just loads back up.

Its defo on small speaker and sub, there is no bass!

OK got it sorted you do have to hit mute to confirm

1 Like

Good news!

And thanks to @anon10403888 for jogging my memory.

Regards
Neil.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.