Ossia/Sasha Renaissance 5/12/92

I was 18 in 1987 when I first discovered House music properly when I spent the Winter on Tenerife the following Summer in 1988 I spent in Benidorm where I met up with people I’d met in Tenerife and we went across to Ibiza on the ferry twice that Summer and spent two long and wonderful weekends.

Returning to my home town Brighton after that Summer that whole scene had really exploded I went to The Trip and Shoom in London and The Hacienda but mostly to the Zap Club in Brighton where we were lucky enough to get lots of excellent nights.

So by the time the Progressive stuff came out a couple of years later I was fully clubbed out and didn’t really go to a club again until I’d been with my partner a couple of years and we celebrated her 30th Birthday at Fabric in London the following Winter we went to Koh Phangan where I had my last ever proper night out at a New Years Eve Party which was the proper and right way to sign off.

I sometimes fantasise of another ‘Last Night Out’ but the event itself would be not only a let down but just wrong and the after effects would be horrible, somethings are best left in the past I had some wonderful times and feel very lucky to have had my late teens when I did.

1 Like

I would definitely have a heart attack or something -although after a few gin and tonics.
I would be up for it for s short while.
I think that was always the case… The VIP area was always empty after 1am

1 Like

I was lucky enough to have mates living in Brighton in the early 90s. Their tales of trips to london / Sterns in Worthing were off the planet. It seemed like they never stopped monday - sunday. One of my first big events was staying with them and heading to Storm on Hastings Pier . The scene at home in Cardiff was much smaller and still underground in comaprison to these big events, In a wharehouse, up a mountain, in a forest you name it. i made regular trips to Brighton for the Zap, the Reform, the Event?, the Escape ? godknows where else. It was always a great vibe down there.

Yes excellent days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.