Ovator S-400 match for SN2 and ND5xs2?

That is exactly why I am hesitant. But S-600 are rare…

Yes, but to add, with S600’s you can also go active! A great extra journey for which you can develop serious upgraditis.

1 Like

No clue what active would bring. Perhaps I am too conservative for active speakers?

I second this. At the time (2012) I auditioned many of the usual suspects of other Naim users and dealers in NL. Neat and others in the price range, I found the S 400s far more convincing in sound stage and musical bass. Choosing the Ovators over the other potentials was really a non issue by far. So, in my opinion I don’t see the earlier comments on lacking in bass (over my 252/250). Audition if you can.

1 Like

If you are Dutch, a pair 400’s has just popped up at a dealer … which has the benefit that you might be able to audition.

My family is from West Yorkshire. A frequently asked question in my childhood was, ‘do you need fancy waistcoats?’

Hope that helps :slight_smile: At some point you have got to just make a decision.

1 Like

Audition is an issue now. Will try and arrange

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.