P8 or P10

Interesting. I ask because I know that the Fraim doesn’t usually act like other glass shelved racks. Thanks Dunc.

I guess the only real answer is try it, if it makes no difference then fine.
But i have never had a fraim, yes i have 10mm glass, ball and cups etc, but its not fraim like i said, so i can only go with what i found.

…as the night falls and the AC current juices come out to play & start to flow more freely, on the Fraim the P10 is really starting to sound rather wonderful…which says a lot for the Nova!

Great and enjoy.
Dig out all the old vinyl, thats what i did, its a great turntable and really pulls all the details out the grove

:+1:

Me too Richard, but I have not tried it without the glass shelf. Let us know if you give it a try. One thing of note, I believe DUNC uses IsoAcoustics feet under his P10, so that will change things…and no real Fraim. I still have the outer plinth on my RP10, so I can use the dust cover, but I was thinking about trying it without that soon. Now I might try without the glass too, but I am hoping you do the test first. :wink:

Would the P10 or P8 better accommodate a Kleos SL?

1 Like

I have a Lyra Delos on Rp10, with Acoustic Signature shim. Very good synergy. So Kleos should be the same.

Yes, I saw a similar post on the SH forum. So I checked the cable connection after the second time.
After the third time this occurred, I pressed/touched the 33/45 button about 1 mm and the platter immediately started spinning at normal speed. So I guess it’s some trouble with the NEO PSU.

1 Like

Lovely! Congratulations…nice set up.

Just to keep the thread on track, here Is another view of my deck :grinning:

7 Likes

I apologize to the OP and the community, I inadvertently posted on the wrong thread… :pensive: Maybe it’s still possible to move It to the most appropriate “show your turntable” thread…

Dont worry the punishment is you have to play the 25 LP Boxset of Daniel O’Donnell lol!!!

4 Likes

Take the surround off that rp10 no quarter and it will only take a moment and you can see why the new model comes with out one.Did this to my rp8 huge improvement

3 Likes

Thanks dugpug, I will try it this weekend then. I thought the outer plinth had no effect on the sound, but I hope you are right.

1 Like

Why would i make a difference as its not connect to the turntable? Unless you play with the lid shut.
Its only there for the lid, before they came up with the new design on the P8 & P10.

I tried without the plinth and didn’t heard difference, maybe a very subtle one. And the look with the plinth is nicer to my eyes.

If you have the outer plinth positioned exactly right then it should make little difference. In fact, at higher volumes, you may even find that playing with the lid closed brings some benefit.

Unfortunately it’s also all too easy to get the positioning slightly wrong. I moved my RP10 to clean the rack and system. I put the deck back and I immediately knew that the performance was off. It turned out I hadn’t quite got the deck exactly positioned within the outer plinth (we’re talking a mm or two here). It took a little while of making tiny adjustments and listening before it was back.

I fired up the P9 tonight, first time in quite a while. As soon as it went on my wife and kids are singing away. It gives the ND555 a serious run for its money (and if I’m honest it still edges ahead).
Doesn’t answer the question, but I hear that both P8 and P10 are an improvement on the P9, do you are gonna be in for fun whichever you choose!!

2 Likes