Pele.....The Best

Inevitable.
The greatest.
Goodbye.

12 Likes

Great man. Inspired a generation of players. RIP

2 Likes

As you say, inevitable after recent news regarding his health, but still a very sad loss.
The true football GOAT. He changed the game.

3 Likes

A god going home, sad loss

1 Like

He came from a generation of players that were humble, even if they were brilliant and adored. R.i.p Pele.

5 Likes

Goodbye, Pele, the greatest footballing talent ever.

RIP, Edson.

5 Likes

The true GOAT, accept no substitute.

I met him about 30 years ago in a posh hotel in the USA. He was dressed in an expensive silk kimono and was being attended to by a bevvy of beautiful girls. He seemed to greatly enjoy his job, which by that time was just being Pelé.

11 Likes

Nice work if you can get it! :wink:

2 Likes

So many players have been acclaimed in the years since the great man retired. Not one of them, not one, comes close to Pele in his pomp.

5 Likes

The best without a doubt. Absolute legend. I do wonder if you have to be over 50 to really appreciate him. Got given his autograph when I was about 9 and then I bought this picture below. Sad day.

3 Likes

Just brings home the message that we are all ephemeral :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

The best and most inspiring of his generation without doubt, brought pride and hope to his fellow Brazilians and soccer fans worldwide. RIP the one and only Pele.

4 Likes

Apologies for my flippant reply without mentioning the great man himself, not a huge footy fan personally, but he is a legend.

1 Like

The older you get the more rapidly you seem to be smacked across the chops by this particular philosophical ‘wet fish’.

1 Like

Absolutely the best. RIP Pelè and thanks for the emotions you gave us.

Sad news indeed. I agree entirely that Pele was supreme, but he was one player in a truly exceptional team. They all needed each other to reach the heights that they attained.

1 Like

One of the very greatest across all sport. RIP.

2 Likes

I once saw him from a distance.

Santos played a match at Villa Park in 1972.

Due to miner’s industrial action (does that sound familiar) there were power issues and Aston Villa installed generators to power the floodlights. The match capacity had to be reduced so not able to get in to see the game but could see parts of the pitch from a nearby hill.

So I saw him play!

[The night Pele graced Villa Park | AVFC](https://www.avfc DOT co.uk/news/2022/december/30/pele-at-villa-park/)

1 Like

I think Brazil have announced 3 days of national mourning, that’s a huge mark of respect.

3 Likes

It was like that with Senna from memory.

1 Like