Perfect album from an artist/group

Currently listening to Automatic for the People and got me wondering if the album could be any better and honestly don’t think it could. So question is what other albums from artists were their best moment in your opinion. I could easily have written the same for Colour of Spring.

5 Likes

This to me is one of those perfect albums where everything came together.

5 Likes

19 Likes

Another one, I could listen to this forever.

8 Likes

It’s a tough one with Talk Talk, the artist I struggle with is Prince, I love his work but to pick his best moment, not sure there was a definitive one.

1 Like

Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink

Wonderful songs, great solos, A go-to album for when adding something new to the system.

emphasized text

19 Likes

I agree about Prince - I don’t think he absolutely nailed it with any particular album but Sign O’ the Times comes pretty close

1 Like

Sign of the times, surely?

1 Like

David Bowie - Hunky Dory. For me, nigh on perfect and never get tired of spinning this album.

0abd82ac-d8b8-4fba-8009-ea951e2aab07

23 Likes

40 Likes

Ok, I get it, but when you look at his wider work , I don’t know he was often a 9/10, sometimes lower, just don’t know that I reach for that album in the same way I do Automatic for the people when on an REM vibe. I actually love his microphone and a piano album, shows the genius in flight.

I’m a massive Floyd fan, but, is this more perfect than Wish You Were Here, I’m torn. Good problem to have though.

7 Likes

Just

I also love The Final Cut, but realise that is a lesser held favourite. It was the first album of theirs I owned, came via my uncle in France who worked in a production plant out there and came back to me on cassette. But guess that’s more sentimental that qualitative, however I do reach for it more than DSOTM.

4 Likes

This to me is a close second to Dark Side. Supertramp - Crime Of The Century
Wonderful stuff

23 Likes

New Gold Dream from Simple Minds is another one for me, what an album. Half speed abbey road master is exceptional.

8 Likes

U2 Achtung Baby, not one bad track and superb Eno/Lanois production. Downhill after that unfortunately.

11 Likes

Not really up on them much, do have a picture disc of their biggest album , one of those bands where for no rational reason the name just puts me off.

Give it a listen you won’t regret it. You must listen to Dreamer what a track.

1 Like

I will now, thanks for the tip, it’s the Super bit of the name, don’t know why, just jars.

1 Like