Perfect album from an artist/group

It’s a super album😀

1 Like

Can’t stand that album, was the slide for me with U2, started the trend of over long (blame CD medium for that) albums with some standout tracks (maybe 3?). Joshua Tree for me all day long.

4 Likes

Although I am now going to have to give it another go to make sure I’m not being too harsh.

When a list of perfect albums is asked for it normally means older albums that have lasted the test of time not normally recent releases. This album
The Third Mind to me is a perfect album and one of the best new releases for a long while

7 Likes

Erasure by Erasure. You think you know what they are like but this is a beautiful record, a gentle multi layered listen.

1 Like

I would lob in The Wall as well. All three are masterpieces imo.

1 Like

Perfect

15 Likes

Primal Scream - Give Out But Don’t Give Up - The Original Memphis Recordings.

Although not typical of the rest of their canon, this album shows just what can be achieved when a band takes charge of their recording session, with a sympathetic producer, in Tom O’Dowd.

The perfect album, imho.

13 Likes

Siouxsie

Siouxsie and The Banshees - Ju JU

All-time classic

2 Likes

Difficult . In its genre…Reign in blood - Slayer. Big Rush fan and then I would pick Moving Pictures. I love Floyd too but to me The Wall and Wish you were here are the only 2 close to perfection. DSOTM is a tiny bit overrated in my opinion, but perhaps I am just too young ;). Sorry if anyone is offended now! To pick one absolute album then I would choose Lateralus- Tool. At least the title track is genius and perfect in itself. A big and great masterpiece.

1 Like

Easy choice for me.

As much as I love “Music from Big Pink,” this is better as an album. Great songs (re)creating a world.

15 Likes

Pure perfection - Heidi Berry self titled album.

1 Like

11 Likes

Alley Cat, both of those albums hold a place in my heart, Elo is a slice of my childhood, and then they became popular to hate, but look at Jeff Lynns career as a producer, he has form.

London Grammar, well, have seen them numerous times live and looking forward to their new release in the next couple of weeks. Love that album.

If you like Grammar than maybe Daughter are a good call, not the same, but many I’ve recommended them to like them to the same degree.

1 Like

Suzanne Vega nailed it with her debut, simply sublime. As consistent as Prince in the quality stakes in my opinion, just with an obvious stand out that approaches perfection.

9 Likes

Ok, I’ve ordered this now completely blind, I’ve heard this was pretty amazing I’ve the years so looking forward to it

2 Likes

Scritti Politti Cupid and Psyche 85 anyone? Ok might be heading into 1 hit wonder but perfectly executed album of its time that still sounds as good today?

2 Likes

Yes, that 1st album was stunning. Think I saw her on the Solitude Standing tour when I was a student.

One of those albums that got me interested in hifi thanks to a fellow student’s Pink Triangle system.

Good pop, I recall that one well but only have it on cassette. Absolute!

1 Like

It may just be me but the title of the thread is different to the question asked by the OP. I think. The title suggests albums that are in themselves “perfect”, i.e. great songs, great flow, no fillers. However, I think perhaps the OP is asking for bands/artists best album, i.e. their greatest moment. Not sure which is harder to be honest but I’ll have a stab at Black Sabbath’s Paranoid for both interpretations.

2 Likes