Peter Gabriel new album and tour

Peter Gabriel is on tour next year, the European ticket sales are this friday for those interested. He will be touring his new album called i/o hopefully due soon.

1 Like

Yeah, saw this. Got a presale email invitation for tomorrow morning.
Not really listened to much of him since SO! What’s the more recent stuff been like?
PS. SO! tour was the last time we saw him.

I am not a huge gabriel fan so perhaps others can answer……but the tour i might be interested in seeing him, thought others might as well. Popped up on facebook by bassist Tony Levin……he can’t wait to get back out on the road.

1 Like

Thanks for the information… :slightly_smiling_face:

We were quite interested in going, but £196 for only a half decent ticket at the O2 (on a Monday night)!! …I don’t think so.

2 Likes

:astonished: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Just managed to check Birmingham.

‘From…’ £64.70… to £189.00

Well, cheers, Pete.

Decision made. Its a clear ‘No’ from me… :frowning_face:

Gosh…….thats my interest gone then.

I’m not even going to look now.
Add a hotel room, travel and food and you’re knocking on the door of £1k for a night out​:flushed: and we haven’t even heard the album yet. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Just what we thought.

Clearly no recession in the music industry.

I’ll just have to live off my memories of him at the Hammersmith Odeon for a few pounds in the 80’s.

2 Likes

Earl’s Court for me in ‘87 I believe.
Terrible seats, terrible sound, bl@@dy long drive from Southampton…
Yes, memories to cherish🤣

1 Like

I certainly remember that the house lights went up after the encores, but no one moved, he then came back on to play Biko!
Very moving, even for a teenage boy with his mates.

1 Like

I also saw him there and at Selhurst Park on tour in the early 80s which was ultimately the tour for the ‘Plays Live’ album.

What stuck with me apart from it being a more visual show than was typical at the time, was the deep bass notes and almost subsonic vibration from Tony Levin’s ‘stick bass’.

Not seen PG since.

I’ve seen PG many times since the 80s. The last time was at M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool in 2014.

Like many singers in advancing years, his vocal range and quality is no longer what is was (aka Elton & Paul McCartney).

I’ll give it a miss.

Yes, PG has tended to be more of a performer and I equally remember that Tony played quite a part in the concert.

The other time I saw him was at the Milton Keynes Bowl (£9 including Car Parking) where he rejoined Genesis. I partly remember that concert because it rained all day and Talk Talk, who were just starting out, had bottles thrown at them - a little harsh.

I went to the last PG concert at the O2 and I have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed. I think I’d prefer to see and hear him at a smaller venue.

3 Likes

Was this for the 10th anniversary of Supper’s Ready?

No, it was a one-off charity concert for WOMAD, with I think PG set up and was struggling.

It was called Six of the Best

1 Like

Yes, the O2 is a big stage and hall to fill.

One of the best live performers Karen and I have been to see. Went to see his ‘back to’ tour at the NEC a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

Personal presence I believe.

And then after spending your money you find your sat next to a bunch of pissheads for the concert.

1 Like