Peter Green RIP

Sadly Peter Green has passed away in his sleep, a true great

11 Likes

Very sad…love his stuff

2 Likes

Oh no, another great loss. RIP

1 Like

RIP Peter Green, have loved and still love your music. Truly a profound loss.

3 Likes

A sad sad day, the passing of a legend. RIP Peter.
You leave me with wonderful memories & these will always be with me as I listen to your music.

5 Likes

I just saw this on the Hoffman forums and it’s up on the BBC too.

It’s very sad news - he was such an extraordinary talent - as guitarist, singer and songwriter.

2 Likes

How very sad … “Oh Well”.

R.I.P. Peter, a true original.

4 Likes

RIP Peter Green…

2 Likes

Sad day …

2 Likes

A sad loss, I will be playing his music tonight

4 Likes

Damn

1 Like

Very sad, one of my all time favourite guitarists. His music lives on.

R.I.P.

Richard

3 Likes

Extremely saddened to hear this news, have always loved his music and admired his wonderful talent.

R.I.P Greenie

1 Like

I saw him a number of years back with the Splinter Group. There was a second guitar playing parts of the songs, but surprisingly Peter still played the trickier parts, e.g. the turnaround in The Stumble. A sad loss.

2 Likes

The guitarist that played with Peter over the Splinter Group years was Nigel Watson.

3 Likes

Thanks, Mike. I was too lazy to look it up.

2 Likes

Huge loss one of the greatest guitarists ever. Others of lesser talent better known. He was so influential on many fronts.

One of the great three British players of the 60’s and 70’s perhaps the very best.

4 Likes

One of my 2 or 3 all time favourite guitarists.

Such a tragedy that we lost so many potentially great years following his departure from Fleetwood Mac, but still one of the all-time greats.

1 Like

I shall be giving this a spin later.

4 Likes

“One of the few genuine artistic peaks of whiteboy blues, not only demonstrating a fluent mastery of the music’s stylistic devices, but startling penetration of its emotional core. Performances… that aren’t simply ‘white blues,’ but blues blues of a high order; that weary, wracked voice and piercingly sweet guitar tone honour any bluesman of any race, place or time.”

Charles Shaar Murray

3 Likes