Peter Green RIP

I

I’m so sad to ear the latest news…greatest blues rock in my opinion He was a genius, for me he was the most love artist ever in my life ,I was looking to see him once in a concert where ever he will play but unfortunately he stop long time being in the music business …great lost to the music all over the world

B.B. King commented, “He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.” Eric Clapton has praised his guitar playing; he is noted for his use of string bending, vibrato, and economy of style.

2 Likes

Tortured life, but fantastic musician.

4 Likes

Gutted to learn of his passing. Rest well Peter Green. :notes::notes:

2 Likes

Yes, gutted i never saw him, currently playing his magic on a QB2 in Norfolk.
RIP Peter Green a genius.

2 Likes

Very sad.

2 Likes

An absolutely brilliant guitarist. A very unique talent who influenced many young guitarists.

2 Likes

Will be much missed but his music will live on I’m sure

1 Like

In my opinion he was the best ,a genius guy ,I’m so sad,loved his music so emotional ,no one could be close to him,he was a real blues artist

1 Like

Loved the original Fleetwood Mac with one of the greatest guitarists this country ever produced. I was never a fan of the latter Fleetwood Mac always thought of them as a pop band my opinion of course.

Regards,

Martin

2 Likes

Me either Peter left …they became only a pop band …he was amazing

1 Like

I saw Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac a number of times, first time was before John McVie joined. But the final line up including Danny Kirwan & Jeremy Spencer (excellent slide) was really something special. However in those days at the height of the ‘British Blues Boom’, Fleetwood Mac were not accepted by the hard core blues fraternity; if it wasn’t 12 bars, it wasn’t worthy, & the hits such as ‘Albatross’ & ‘Man of the World’ are not 12 bars. But it was what the band wanted to do, expand outside the blues, rock & pop bubble.
Anyhow, it was a sad day when Peter did leave as it left the band without a real direction. But moving on a few years I saw them at Oakland CA in 1976, it was the new line up with Christine McVie (Perfect) Buckingham & Nicks. And boy what a set that was, a few of the yet to be released ‘Rumours’ songs & it was loud but very hi-def (for those days) & with Stevie’s stage presence & her poetic musicality, it was something completely new. And if anyone thinks they are a ‘pop’ band, how so very wrong you are.

4 Likes

Without Peter I never liked then anymore

Friday 28 August, BBC 4. Taken from the Radio Times.

2 Likes

Fleetwood Mac are the only major act I can think of that totally changed their sound & direction when a key member left/died. Perhaps both Peter’s playing & vocals were irreplaceable?

It has always surprised me that most long standing bands seem to retain their sound no matter how many changes of personnel. The only exception to this is the loss of a key vocalist. It seems that the human voice is more difficult to replicate than the tone of an electric guitar.

1 Like

Even is tone guitar no one could replace him …it’s not about technique guitar …his emotion was incredible amazing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.