Phono stage stuff

That’s good to know. As I find the benz sl pretty good. It’s still performs well, but I know in the next year or so, it’ll be due a change.

@Toon
Great read. Thanks for sharing.
Question - did you consider any other phono stages at a similar price point?

TY - no, I didn’t audition anything else at this price point but if I’d wanted to would probably have looked at Luxman or Whest Audio

Sure. Okay. That’s interesting and thanks for sharing.
It was more about what you may have considered, prior to your home audition, which you’ve answered…

By coincidence, I was listening (product demo’) to a Rega Aura last week, at a dealer. I spent the afternoon listening to the Aura, with one or two other options available too. It’s a fine product. So this looks like we are currently on the same page. I’m left thinking about things. Anyway, I may look at those two items too. Again, thanks for sharing with everyone.

Best of luck with your Hi-Fi journey

KR
R

:see_no_evil::grimacing::woozy_face:

Well I’m a week in to my new Aura now and, after some experimentation, have settled on its position at the foot of the brain stack. No hum etc……(and the red/green ocd thing is just about acceptable).

Very happy indeed with this upgrade. I tried the mono switch out too on my original pressing of A Hard Day’s Night and was impressed.

2 Likes

Is that a Chord Bollox thing poking out of the 252?…………

……I’d be interested to know how you arrived at that 1 word review of this component.

Did it not impress in your system?

I would have just sent the loan unit back to the dealer if it hadn’t improved things………or have you not actually heard one yet?

It was a reference to another thread title.
Tell us about your findings with it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.