Photovoltaic cells

I’m UK based, but when exporting excess power to the grid my (digital) meter doesn’t go backwards, it just stops; so other than the FIT payment I get nothing for exporting to the grid.

I get a small amount based on the amount used to calculate the FIT payment ie I get paid for 50 percent of the generated units at the rate of £0.0382 per unit. So tis last quarter got £821.76 FIT amount and £28.97 for exporting power.

1 Like

You should be getting a percentage of your fit payback. Have a look at your payment slip you get with your cheque. I use British gas for my Fit

@DerekWright, do you mind me asking what size installation you have, Derek,
as I’ve never seen anything approaching your £821 for a single quarter?

I’m also not sure why our export rates should differ, as I’m receiving 50% of £0.0503, via Scottish Power.

I have 17 panels wired in parallel through a Solar Edge invertor. The period of time I quoted was from 31 March to 30 June this year. I shifted the quarter so that it synced with the rate change that occurs the 1st of April, I did not like the way they apportioned the value if the reporting period straddled the rate chage in April so over 9 months I lengthened the reporting period to get it in sync with the rate change.
Hope this helps

For comparison, we have 13 x 250 watt panels and usually get about £700 for a summer quarter e.g. to end of June this year.

We have wind not solar but I am aware that the FiT rates kept changing for solar (prob did for wind too) depending on date of installation - so if you were different sides of one of the threshold dates that would explain different income

Yes, I fitted mine in 2015, when the UK-wide panic about the whole scheme ending had taken hold, so I was aware that the FIT tariff wouldn’t be as attractive as had been the case previously.

I just hadn’t realised the extent to which that was true, in the light of the returns these chaps above are receiving … harrumph!

As an aside, I see elsewhere that you’re expecting an ND555 soon … it’s a hugely impressive bit of kit … you’ll be dead chuffed … as will Geoff, of course. :laughing:

1 Like

Geoff’s running out of things to sell me :joy:

I was careful not to mention the income we are getting from our gurt big wind turbine (11 kW). Our one third share is averaging around £625 per quarter so far and just paid back the original cost - though the service costs need another year’s income to be covered so far…

Unfortunately only just got the building setup to enable sticking solar on the roof just as the FiT ran out

Seems highly unlikely … I know whereof I speak. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If only I could rely on willpower…

I’ve always found that “willpower” is not an issue … it’s the “won’t power” that’s sadly lacking, speaking solely pour moi, of course.

3 Likes

Synchronicity, or what?

Received an email today from the ever optimistic Geoff, informing me that “I have something new to transform your system.”

He must keep an eye on this 'ere forum, methinks. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I got a phone call from Pete when I was standing in a. Car park in Clitheroe in the rain… resistance is futile. Was planning on getting an nd555 but not just yet

1 Like

Sure does seem that way … still, shows that they really do care about our musical enjoyment. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Gets great results in my living room :musical_note: :notes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.