Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

How does the color of the socks inpact soundstage? :grinning:

3 Likes

As you can see they are special naim socks with reversed channels and this solves the problem. :blush:

5 Likes

15 Likes

Oooo
A bit of “Surrealism”.
Like it :+1:

p.s. makes a change from lamps

1 Like

Isn’t it something to do with the seagulls following the fishing boats - Mr Cantona!

Or is this more in keeping for a stag do?

7 Likes

Chillin’ with Shawn Colvin in the early evening hour…

36 Likes

Too much toe-in narrows the soundstage.

G

11 Likes
6 Likes

Sunday afternoon session on my little nearfield system. For the money, it really kicks ass.

14 Likes

My favourite listening position for several months now. Off-centre, doors open so the cats can run around, TV on, sort of replacing the record cover. There‘s the temptation to buy an all-in-one solution with room correction and consideration of the new listening position and the open doors. But there’s also the fear that it will be unsatisfactory. (The headache is already starting again.)

57 Likes

What are this subwoofers you are using with the sopra n1, how do they combine with the sopra n1?

Thanks.

1 Like

Big Thief UFOF from the dining table area. I love having the hifi in the living area. Presumably room treatment would improve things but it sounds fantastic already, good enough for me. I imagine a combination of a high and varied ceiling plus a big room helps a lot.

51 Likes

Great Space
Nice “mid century” vibe :+1:
Love the room divider (to right of picture).

Yes, lots of uneven and broken surface areas probably help a lot.

3 Likes

Thank you

We renovated the house a few years ago and had the screens built; they are my favourite feature.

It’s a busy space with a family but now and again I get to claim it for my own. Admittedly while folding the washing!

Ian

38 Likes

Interesting feature in The Times pull-out this morning – the growing appeal of dedicated ‘vinyl rooms’

19 Likes

and that is a beautiful room.

3 Likes

Sure is

But but but the speakers, buried in a shelf. Nooooooo!

3 Likes

That’s a pair of REL T/9i. I guess they work well with Sopra1 especially that the Sopra1 only have 6.5 inch driver that (as per specs) can only produce above 45Hz low notes. It gives the weight to the bass.

1 Like

That looks like as a James Bond worthy apartment!

2 Likes