Pink Floyd "Animals" 2018 Remix - out September & October

Syd would have been a blast !

If you read all these stories of woe above, you might almost begin to feel sorry for Amazon.

Then you remember that they’re not very nice people, so you don’t!

4 Likes

I was ready to respond reading your post, but thankfully the 2nd paragraph brought it back to earth and calmed me down. :grin::grin:

1 Like

I’ve stopped buying from Amazon. It’s not like he needs my money.

4 Likes

And Nick Mason does? :rofl:

3 Likes

Ahhhh the nostalgia. This takes me back to those days when chasing crackle free vinyl got me out an about and kept me fit. TBH I don’t miss them.

1 Like

He’s probably got his eye on a new Ferrari.

If I get a copy it sounds as if the BluRay audio may be the best option

I would argue every PF fan knows that they sounded very different at various periods in their career. Which period you prefer is a personal choice and nothing to do with being a “true” fan.

2 Likes

Yeah, but where’s the fun in that?

I got the Blu-ray while waiting for the SACD and Super Deluxe box to arrive, and I have to say it’s excellent. The SQ of both the 1977 and 2018 stereo mixes in 24/192 is pretty awesome. It can be picked up for well under £20 too.

1 Like

Seems like a bit of a let down. :rofl:

3 Likes

Judging by the story on BBC News, Rog’s rantings have resulted in Poland cancelling his planned concerts there.

What a silly billy.

Mark

5 Likes

That’s extremely disappointing from RW, I thought he’s anti war. Think he probably should have sent that letter to the president of Russia instead.

4 Likes

g’day Pete, nothing surprises me with RW, a history of strange stuff, I have the impression of some illogical wiring.

4 Likes

I’m not surprised, for someone who is always on about peace and love, he’s quick to poke hate against others, including previous band members :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Let’s keep the RW’s politics out of the discussion, thanks.

2 Likes

Understood, Richard, but that’s pretty difficult when promoting his political views seems to be RW’s main position.

It shouldn’t be too hard to just stick to the topic - the remix of Animals - without detouring into politics.

5 Likes

Sorry for thread-derailing, @Richard.Dane - I tried to be circumspect in how I phrased it, but it did seem pertinent given Roger’s previous postings on the sleeve notes issue and the general 40-year long sulk.

Since I think we all agree on my summary (above), we can go back to the re-release. Talking of which, is anyone in a position to compare the SQ of the SACD with that of the Blu-Ray? I’d be interested to know if one is noticeably different/better.

Mark