Placing Hi-Cap DR on SN2?

I know it’s not ideal but I’m cramped for space…is there a safety issue with placing the Hi-Cap directly on top of the SN2?

There’s a performance issue, but it’s not a safety issue. Just make sure they don’t overheat especially if they are in an enclosed space.
Probably best to put it on the R side, away from the more sensitive preamp section.

2 Likes

No safety issue, just possible SQ negatives . To limit the possible effects, I would place it over the SN2 transformer on the right side of the case.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Just the sort of speedy response needed! Cheers

Given that this placement will compromise SQ, and given that many prefer the SN2 without a Hicap, might it be an idea to just run the SN2 bare? It always baffles me when people with the wherewithal to buy this expensive equipment don’t have the space to accommodate it properly. It’s like buying a car that’s too big to fit in the garage - not that anyone actually uses their garage for a car but you get the idea.

1 Like

You may well be right - I am just moving things around from another room, and trying something out before I confirm my approach.

So feel free to be less baffled.

2 Likes

If you have a hifi rack, you might be able to sit it on the floor under the lowest shelf. I had mine in that place for a bit until rearranging things.

2 Likes

Good answer!

1 Like

I still put my car in the garage :grinning:

Me too :slightly_smiling_face:
Insurance requirement too!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.