Plug PC audio into NAC72

Hi,

I'd like to plug the output of my PC and alternatively my Pure 1 DAB radio into my Naim NAC72 preamp. Both haev a 3.5 mm jack socket.

Please could soemone advise me of the cabling and plug and socket requirements?

Thanks,

Hi, you can buy 3.5mm to 5 pin DIN leads. Naim used to sell one when it was popular to use iPods like this, and it may still be available. Flashback make one too.

Thanks. It’s been a while since I looked at the sockets on my NAC72 but I now remember it uses 5 pin DIN sockets. Presumably I could just plug the 3.5mm to 5 pin DIN lead into, say, the Tuner socket?

Thanks,

Kevin

Yes, any input will be fine as long as it’s not the phono input with a phonostage for a vinyl source.

I use a Flashback made cable between my Nait 1 and various sources that use a 3.5mm socket output

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve ordered a cable from a well known online vendor :-). I’ll let you know how I get on.

I would inclined to use an audioquest USB inline dac, you’ll get better sound and less buzz and pops, they are pretty cheap too.

AQU0000799-2

Rather than analogue connection I’d use a USB or PCI-E to S/Pdif audio card (optical if possible, but coax S/Pdif is still better than analogue).

That way you can take advantage of the galvanic isolation in the 272 to greatly noise from the PC intruding into the 272.

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ll see how it sounds with the cable I’ve ordered first, then, if the sound isn’t great, I’ll investigate the other options you’ve mentioned.

Thanks,

Kevin

72 not 272 :slight_smile: I wrote the same then realised!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.