PMC Twenty5

Twenty5.23 on the end of NDX/XPSdr/282/SCdr/250dr

They work extremely well in my room with that system. But as speakers are highly personal, no telling whether they will be to your liking or not. Only a demo can settle that.

2 Likes

I have PMC 25.22s feeding off a Nait XS2. Very nice. They did need a good 100 hours of running in to start sounding really sweet, when I first brought them home I thought I had made an expensive mistake despite having had a pair on a weekend loan from the dealer so just make sure that any demo is with a pair that are run in rather than fresh out of the box.

1 Like

I have twenty5 24’s fed by nap 250dr connected to a uniti 2. Very happy with the setup and I won’t be looking to change the speakers for a great many years to come.
Before the PMC’s I had Monitor Audio silver rx2’s so a massive step up.

1 Like

I have a pair of 25.23s running from 272 / CHC555 / 300DR and love the sound.
Moved in the last 12 months from 272 / 250DR / Totem Forests.
It’s been an expensive year!!
Interested to hear other 25.23 users as to distance from rear wall. Mine are about a foot. Having no bass port at the rear of the speaker, there shouldn’t be a difference (on paper!).

1 Like

That has not as much to do with it as you may think. Many completely sealed designs require loads of space behind them.

The PMCs are certainly not in the 50-100cm group like some speakers, but they are not too happy right against a wall either. I find that with my 25.23s, and my non load bearing wall, 17cm at the base is about as close to the wall as I can get. Ideally they sound better a bit further out but the room won’t allow it.

Remember speaker cabinets also attribute some of the sound and this is factored into the design of every speaker.

1 Like

My 25:26 are 26cm out, further out gives less bass closer gives more, in my case too much.

1 Like

Tried the Twenty5 23 they are good but returned to Allaes

I have twenty5.26 connected to Nap250/ Nac282/Hicap/Core/Ndx2. My room is 3x4m joined to a kitchen 5x3m. I have the speakers 20cm from the wall sounding very balanced. I found that cable choice was important for these speakers - I chose Chord Shawline (recommend by my dealer) which I found to be very musical.

1 Like

25.24s with 272/250DR and a Cyrus CDXT sig

Very happy with the sound

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.