Post Your Christmas Dinner(s)

Maris pipers with garlic and sage, carrots and parsnips with rosemary, brussels sprouts with onions and chestnuts. The rest is Linda McC’s veggie roast something and inappropriately- named no pigs in blankets. Wife and daughters had chicken.

5 Likes

The Vacheron is running off the board. Mmmmmm…

G

5 Likes

Ross used to work in the shop years ago on Saturday mornings as a teenager.

He has an excellent Naim system, knows a lot about hifi, and is a great person to deal with.

1 Like

Standing rib roast … brussels cooked with bacon … creamy mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy …

4 Likes

Oops, have just eaten it without taking a photo!

Lamb was great, the pre-packed turkey breast for 6-8 surprisingly succulent which made me wonder if it had been pre-treated in some way - tasty but not like a proper bird.

1 Like

Total retro Christmas this year, courtesy of Gordon Ramsey book.

Prawn cocktail
Beef Wellington
Trifle

Great recipes

5 Likes

Early dinner since the rib roast took shorter time than expected. This is the wife’s plate. In front of mine (not so nicely arranged) stands a glass of Brooklyn Lager.

5 Likes

I may have met Ross in the shop a few years ago. At least there was a teenager working there part time.
I remember him trying his best to level a support of some sort which had 4 adjustable feet/legs and could only ever get 3 level !!!
I know Pete of course.
Best wishes to all of them. Hope they do very well.

He did an excellent job, very tasty. Crime Brûlée for pud. I think he’s got the job every year now so I can sit back relax drink wine and listen to music

1 Like

We had a leek and goats cheese pie, with roast potatoes and parsnips, and sprouts, carrots, cauliflower and peas, with a lovely bottle of white Burgundy. I made the pie and Mrs HH did the veg. It was a bit strange this year as the boys were unable to come due to tier 4 restrictions, but as we only ate half the pie, at least we have more for Sunday lunch tomorrow.

We live about 15 metres from the Hampshire border and have been unable to walk in West Sussex since last weekend, but now it’s in Tier 4 as well we can don the walking boots and walk off the pie today. Walk, coffee and mince pie, lovely.

5 Likes

7BFD9971-C24C-4AFD-9FBA-C05B858E2DA9-12390-00000A79F9B58AD0

I do love Brussels sprouts and eat plenty of them throughout the year, this time at the Christmas table we had kalettes. Very similar and more easier to eat.

4 Likes

Agreed, none of the Brussels side effects.

I know that feeling of struggling to perfectly level 4 spikes.

It’s arguably a physical impossibility!

Ross has since run his own successful business (in a different field) and is now a co-owner of Acoustica, as far as I know.

Sorry for thread drift.

We had a mix of veggie and Turkey meals yesterday - and I managed to stay off the booze until 9pm as it doesn’t mix with childcare.

Whole side of salmon roasted with lovage, red onion and lemon sliced.
Large portobello mushroom stuffed with toasted breadcrumbs, gruyere cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
Simple white sauce with capers and Dijon mustard.
Assembled with the salmon coarsely stacked on top of the mushroom and a little sauce on top.
Turned out very nice if a say so…
With my favourite little kalettes.

5 Likes

Missed this topic, so catch up

Ham cooked in advanced

Gin infused Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs, with a Cremant Christmas Brunch

A Pinot Noir, resting

Starters

Preparation of a crown

The mains on the 25th

All again on the 26th (and also the 27th & 28th)

6 Likes

Just what I didn’t need to see on a post Christmas ‘detox’!

G

2 Likes

Sorry @GraemeH - I shall resist posting the photos of the Turkey & Ham Pie with Tarragon, I made with the remaining leftovers, that fed for a further 4 meals!
Or that I have the Turkey Legs & Wings, in the freezer for later usage, either in a Pot dish or even a confit.

Maybe we have a new Topic for ‘Post-Christmas Detox Meals’ and I can post the Scallops, on a Curried Cauliflower Puree with Date Jam, I cooked last Saturday.
Or the Monkfish in Pesto & Garlic, planned for Friday - would that be better? :smiley:

I’m crying inside

G

1 Like
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.