Potential Speaker Upgrade

But have you actually seen and heard them, or just seen pictures?

The most beautiful speaker in the world is the MBL 101 X-TREME.
:wink::smiling_imp:

1 Like

HA! Looks like a big hourglass egg timer!

Clare, what is the staff discount on such a nice system, just wondering …:thinking::wink:

It’s wonderful, my friend.
And the sound… 360degrees irradiation

I have no doubt it sound great. I dread to think what they cost though.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

MBL it’s german high end audio.
The range of prices of all they’re components it’s upwards Naim’s top of the range.
In this regard, the speakers are coherent with the segment.

Should probably get back to realistic responses! :joy:

I’d recommend anything kudos. As high end as you can go. They use seas drivers and low order crossovers. Im sat Here Listening to mine with seas high end drivers and low order crossovers and they are just amazing! A great match with the Naim sound.

1 Like

Indeed. :joy:

I was carried away by the aesthetics chat of @seakayaker and @Naim.Marketing .

:sunglasses::fire:

1 Like

No I have never seen them or heard them.

In all honesty they would not be something that I would consider putting in my home setting. In my view they would not work with the mission style home and furniture. Ecstatically they would not be a good fit in our living environment.

vs.

or

The Ovators S400’s and ProAc D30RS sound marvelous and fit into the living space quite nicely.

…of course JMHO - YMMV

…and with keeping in the spirt of getting the thread back on track I would suggest the ProAc K series speaker line. :innocent:

(edit to correct photo thanks to @Mark84)

1 Like

Well that’s the kanta. Not the sopra. I agree that the kanta is as ugly as they come. That big plastic front is rediculous IMO. I feel the fronts contrast with the boxy rear makes it look cheap. The sopra on the other hand looks lovely.

Sopra Nº2 in my favorite finish

4 Likes

You’d have to have the decor to pull it off though!

2 Likes

For a minimal wooden look the Titan 707 that @Buryfc had in mind are perhaps hard to beat, i think those look quite stunning too.

9 Likes

As a former Sopra 1 owner, I am pretty sure his pictures are the Sopra line.

He changed the picture :wink:

Ok missed that one, I personally prefer the Sopra looks over Kanta’s…which I think ARE fugly

You’re welcome to the speakers, but I wouldn’t mind some of that invisible speaker cable. :grinning:

Roger

2 Likes