Pound for pound, Naim’s greatest ever product

To borrow a phrase from boxing, pound for pound is a method of ranking adjusted to compensate for weight class.

In your opinion, adjusted to take into account cost compared to performance, what is Naim’s greatest ever product or combination of products I.e 32.5/250/hicap?

4 Likes

Lavender IC.

9 Likes

I imagine these beauties will be high on the list.

30 Likes

Naim CDX2 , sometimes I still miss its big ballsy presentation. Biggest improvement to my then lowly system I have ever experienced.

7 Likes

I think the Naim Nait 1 has got to be the best product and value for money. It also has spawned a hugely successful product line for Naim since.

A close second I think is the Stageline.

There are of course better-sounding Naim products but all at a high price and in terms of value for money, these items pack a big punch.

5 Likes

The original Aro obviously.

10 Likes

Yeah it’s got to be a Nait of some variety. I’d suggest a 2

4 Likes

pound for pound, the Powerline

5 Likes

Nait 3 with CD3.5 must be up there

6 Likes

Shaken, not stirred.

2 Likes

For me the 42/110 back in 1979. I have stayed with Naim ever since, however, as the years have progressed and with upgrades to where I am now, this combo now looks like incredible value - and it gave me years of enjoyment!

12 Likes

NAC A5 speaker cable.

5 Likes

That’s an easy call for me - Nait 2 Chrome bumper - that was my first introduction to Naim and I still have it, albeit I really must get it serviced. Especially good value as I bought it before the 6 December price increase!! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Of course it’s the Nait 2 CB :grin:

Also Naims greatest looking product.

11 Likes

Nap 250

4 Likes

A5 or Nait. Other suggestions, such as for example a Powerline, are very system dependent.

1 Like

Pound for pound is the same as value for money. We had a thread on that some time ago and I’ll answer now as I did then, any of the Naits, or the NAC552.

6 Likes

Musically then I nominate 2 ‘sets’

Nait 2 CB, outstanding sound for its size and price.

82(282) supercap and 250-2. Again for the cost it has to be the best value for sound produced.

Obviously you can get better sound but the costs go up disproportionately to the extra sound quality enjoyed.

3 Likes

Actually, expensive it might be, but I have to agree with your choice of the 552.

4 Likes

My first Naim kit around the same time too. Later joined by a SNAPS.