Power Cable Foo

I have always strongly resisted the siren call of power cables, I have borrowed a number over the years and found they made minor tonal differences.

A couple of years ago a bought a Nord OneUp 3 Channel for AV uses and a friend bought over three power cables ranging from £70 to £500. The one that did make quiet a nice difference was the £70, I bought two and tried the other in my EAR868 - no difference there.

A few months ago I bought a second hand 300DR off a well respected dealer and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It was delivered with a standard Naim power cable. A few days ago I noticed a Powerline for sale and thought, ‘why not?’.

Having plugged it in this morning I sat down to listen to a playlist I have been using for the past week …and? Well, this is NOT a minor tonal shift!

A VERY welcome improvement. Very glad I took the punt.

5 Likes

I found the same, I have Titan cables on sources both Lingo 4 which is standard Styx and Electra on my NDX which has taken the NDX onto another level

have Powerline on HCDR and Tital Eros on 300DR

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.