Power Cable for Supernait 3

I’ve had great results with Audioquest on Naim boxes :+1:

2 Likes

You get a Junior Powerline in the box. :+1:t2:
No sound without it.

In the US the Supernait 3 comes with an 18 awg power cable. Im currently usinga Shunyata Research Venom X EF with good results, although I find their Delta NR v1 and v2 deliver more low frequencies.

5 Likes

'Hello- I’m seeking an upmarket power cable for my Supernait 3 and nDAC. Cerious Technology has a new Cerious Extreme V2.0 Power Cable series on the market. Has anyone used any C.T. cables in your system? I’m also interested in the VooDoo Cable Air-Spectra power cable. Any experience using their Air-Spectra series?

1 Like

I notice you use a AV Options SuperWiremold Power Strip

I currently use a AV Options SuperWiremold Deep-Cryo Power Strip with AV Options TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo AC power cables and quite happy with them.

2 Likes

Good evening seakayaker - I own several TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo power cables and the do perform very well. However I’ve found the Shunyata Venom X EF’s and the Delta NR’s to have greater dynamics and higher resolution.

2 Likes

I use Isotek EVO3 Sequel Power Cable (2 Metre C13), because of the cable construction on all my XS series equipment.

Sales pitch below:

Good RFI & EMI Rejection, Silver Plated 99.9999% Oxygen Free Copper Conductor, 24ct Gold Plated Terminations, Designed & Made In England

GET CONNECTED

EVO3 SEQUEL

EVO3 Sequel power cable offers increased performance over IsoTek’s multi-award winning Premier, featuring optimised conductor strand geometry and active shielding.

Sequel comes in a standard length of 2 metres.

FEATURES

CONSTRUCTION: The conductors are in a parallel construction with a slight rotational twist. This established technique remains the first line of defence against RFI and EMI rejection.

A) Conductors: Silver-plated 99.9999% OFC conductors offer an exceptional level of purity with enhanced conductivity. They are less likely to fracture or degrade over time. Silver is an excellent conductor and when combined with high-purity copper provides impressive electrical properties.

B) Dielectric: Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is chemically inert and has a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. FEP possesses a very high degree of stress crack resistance and a low coefficient of friction making it an exceptional dielectric. FEP is the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.

C) Filler: Cotton filler has been used to give the cable internal strength and reduce microphony. Cotton also possesses excellent dielectric properties, the best of a solid material.

D) Wrap: A mylar wrap is used to secure the construction and offer a barrier shield prior to the application of a flexible PVC jacket. The addition of mylar and cotton forms a buffer with the PVC so as to maintain exceptional dielectric properties.

E) Shield: An earthed OFC shield insures maximum RFI rejection, thus preventing Common Mode noise affecting the live and neutral conductors.

E) Jacket: PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.

TERMINATION: Sequel cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke Audiophile grade moulded connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.

I am in not involved in any way with ISOTEK than as a consumer listener. I do highly recommend visiting their informative website. If it is past you please post it here.

Kind regards,

Mitch

2 Likes

Thanks Mitch for the Isotek information. I reached out to Isotek and the confirmed the EVO3 Sequel are good candidates for my source components however they recommended their EVO3 Optimum for the Supernait 3. Im considering an audition.

Can anyone in the community offer any feedback on the IsoTek EVO3 Optimum cables?
Cheers!

2 Likes

what do you meas as cable construction on XS series?
what did you find they have in common with Isotec?
or did you realize that the cable used inside the XS is an isotek?

thanks

Dear Gruido71, I apologise for the late reply as I have been offline with a home move.

If you pop over to the ISOTEK website and go through each cable construction diagram you will see what I am referring to.

The cable is built with a 10 amp line supply in mind and I liked the feature about RF noise rejection and the prevention of common mode currents. I have possibly gone overboard with the IEC leads.

As we in Australia our power points are 240V AC 10amp from the wall supply usually protected by a 16amp earth leakage circuit breaker. Your country will most likely vary.

I liked how the three cores are individually wrapped and the materials used. From an electrician’s point of view and a radio technician’s point of view with stray RF and being an amateur radio operator.

I looked at this as the cut-off point for obtaining the best bang for your buck for value. Though if you have a goose that lays golden eggs. Feel free to go all the way.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

3 Likes

Thanks Gigantor, very interesting!

1 Like

Hello community- I inquired about the Sequel’s compatibility with the Supernait 3. IsoTek’s reply:
The Supernait 3 needs max 400 Watts of mains power (below 2A @ 230Volts), the EVO3 Sequel is rated 10A with C13 connector thus electrically it is a good fit and there is even headroom.

However, in general our recommended power cable for any amplifier is the EVO3 Optimum. This cable features OCC copper which is an advantage compared to the EVO3 Sequel. But the cable is at a total different price class, roughly three times the EVO3 Sequel, simply because of its more higher class materials.

Let me also point you to the following:

To avoid any unwanted grounding problems and to get the best performance out of your system you should power all electronics of your system that are wired with a grounded cable (RCA, Digital/Analog, HDMI, Network cable …) out of one wall socket (starred earth reference) - of course, depending on the power rating in the individual country. For example, if you have 16A at 230V, your wall socket could handle 16A x 230V equals 3’680 Watts. The math might be different in your country, of course.

1 Like

In my system the Matrix 2 wasn’t up to it. I haven’t read all replies in this thread so this might have been said already. Anyway I would recommend something better, like Fezz audio Sculptor super as power block and a Powerline from wall to block plus a Powerline from block to Supernait. This, however is a substantial financial outlay. I really don’t know if it’s worth it with a Supernait. I use it with NDS/555PS DR, 82, 250DR, Hicap, Goldnote Mediterraneo and Goldnote PH-10, Spendor D9 so total cost of powerthingies aren’t that much compared to total system cost.

I enjoy airtech alfa cables, italian power cable made by the producer of audio analogue amplifiers,
I agree that power cables make a dramatic difference, bigger than speakers cables

This is an unfortunate change from the rather good 14 awg most Naim gear used to come with.

1 Like

Good day jhsnider, My Supernait 3 is just over a
year old and in the US a 18 awg power cable was supplied. That led me to the AV Options 12awg Deep-Cryo power cables. From there Synergistic Research Foundation Series and then onto several levels of Shunyata Research.

2 Likes

My SN3 is a couple years old and came with the well shin 14 awg “Tibia” cable. It’s great for a stock cable. Unfortunate they changed to a cheapie on such nice gear.

2 Likes

Cardas Clear beyond or Beyond XL

2 Likes

Hello community - I’m considering Less Loss, new Synergistic Research Foundation with the SX upgrade and Wywires power cables. Anyone have any experience with these power cables?

2 Likes

As others have suggested, plus the amp power cable straight into the wall socket rather than a block. I heard a clear difference doing this.

I’m using a Titan Audio Helix mains cable for my amp which works really well and has provided a bit more punch.

1 Like