Power cables and Naim power supplies - any point?

I have Naim power supplies and powerlines for an ND555, a NAP500 and a 552. Bearing in mind the ND555 and amplification are being powered by high quality, discrete power supplies is there any point buying high-end, expensive power cables when the core components are being served by separate power supplies?

1 Like

I’m not sure I completely understand your question - all the 500 series components already come with high-end power cables (the Naim Powerlines). Are you wondering whether it’s worth spending on even more expensive alternatives?

More info on the Powerline can be read here;

1 Like

I bought them ex dem for a second system at a good price. I have since wondered whether they may improve sound quality on my main set up but as my post notes I thought the answer would be ‘no’

Yes they make a difference. Quite a decent one also in my experience.

2 Likes

I, too, cannot follow. What is the “them” that you bought? And what is “my main set up” that you wondered if “they” may improve - I suppose the ND555/552/500, but these already come with (high-end, expensive) PowerLines.

2 Likes

Try some. Shunyata are excellent, Audience, Russ Andrews made with Kimber, Siltech.

I am still use Powerline series from Naim, it’s look the best for Naims

Thanks for this. They are Shunyata Delta EF - the old model, hence the good price

You should try them on your main system, you might be surprised

Thanks for a constructive and sensible suggestion

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.