Power conditioner for Naim equipment

What about Niagara 1200 ?

My advice would be avoid all power conditioners. IME they have always diminished dynamics and the emotion of the music.

Dedicated line is ideal but expensive.

Get a star ground wired power block such as the Musicworks G3 or lite if you’re on a tight budget.

Also upgrade the double wall socket to Furutech or Russ Andrews.

1 Like

That Niagara 1200 is £900, more than a good dedicated spur. I totally agree with you about good mains and a decent block. I have a G3 and it’s excellent.

Start at the beginning. If you’re in the UK I think it’s a dedicated Consumer Unit and then dedicated AC lines. I’m sure someone here can better explain it. In the US it’s much simpler, one hire’s an electrician who pops a couple of dedicated breakers into the breaker box, run 10ga wire to a high quality dedicated outlet (s) Furutech, Oyaide…plenty of info on the internet.

It won’t handle the amount of gear you have.

I already have two Wireworld Matrix 2 and Evotek Evo3 Synchro plus various Naim powerline cables.

I will check about Musicworks G3 or Lite.

You can’t just buy a mains conditionter and hope for an improvement. You really need to buy something that is specific to your problem (and if no specific problem, then not buy at all).

Buying one people say is “good” is just rolling the dice that what it does is for the problem you have. The specifics of your issue would probably need addressing via electric provider. Given how difficult that can be in some countries, talk to electrician about options. I suspect getting consistent voltage might mean generating your own. Conditioners that handle voltage variance do so within a fairly narrow tolerance. 195v is way out of that.

Exactly - the OP posted " home voltage fluctuates from 195V to 240 V during the day and evening."
A power conditioner only cleans up noise & distortion, nothing will correct a voltage swing of that magnitude. This is a failure of the power supply company.

1 Like

I went and bought a cheap APC powerstrip for the Plasma, soundbar and IPtv-box.
Picture was much clearer, less problems with the box and damned it if the sound didnt get better too. My naim stuff is in the same room so it does share the same mains. Less buzzing and better sound from my boxes as a Big bonus.

If you join your naim with tv for better audio you definately need to get something and separate your naimgear and the rest to different powerstrips, its easy to achieve Big results. Powerconditioning is not usually benificial for the naim boxes, but can be through everything else

I saw too the Puritan Audio 136 and 156.

Stunning look inside too :flushed:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.