Power Cord for XS3?

Hi friends,

The demo XS3 I tested on came with the 14awg wel shin cord, but the one I bought new came with an 18awg yang li cord. Seems in North America (Canada), they changed to this new cord.

Considering an audioquest nrg-z3. Recommend? Not recommend?

Thanks!

I used Z3 couple of years and thought it worked great. Give it a go :+1:

1 Like

I’m also curious has Naim changed its standard power cord for North. America distribution? Anybody know?

1 Like

Okay, I haven’t received a reply from Naim, but went on a limb and ordered a 14awg North American plug Tripp Lite power cord off Amazon and first impressions are it is excellent.

Same great full sound I was getting from the Well Shin straight out of the box (well, bag).
It’s been a couple hours. Will run it in and update.

In the US you have AVOptions, my Naim gear uses TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo AC cables

Internet search and you can fine the available options on their website.

3 Likes

A/V Options Tibia cords are good. I use on non-Naim pieces in my systems. Close to powerlines in performance imo.

2 Likes

I do not mean to repeat myself as I have also posted under the Power Cords for an SN3 as I run XS equipment though an earlier version earlier.

The power chords I use on all my XS equipment are listed below:

GET CONNECTED

EVO3 SEQUEL

EVO3 Sequel power cable offers increased performance over IsoTek’s multi-award winning Premier, featuring optimised conductor strand geometry and active shielding.

Sequel comes in a standard length of 2 metres.

FEATURES

CONSTRUCTION: The conductors are in a parallel construction with a slight rotational twist. This established technique remains the first line of defence against RFI and EMI rejection.

A) Conductors: Silver-plated 99.9999% OFC conductors offer an exceptional level of purity with enhanced conductivity. They are less likely to fracture or degrade over time. Silver is an excellent conductor and when combined with high-purity copper provides impressive electrical properties.

B) Dielectric: Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is chemically inert and has a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. FEP possesses a very high degree of stress crack resistance and a low coefficient of friction making it an exceptional dielectric. FEP is the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.

C) Filler: Cotton filler has been used to give the cable internal strength and reduce microphony. Cotton also possesses excellent dielectric properties, the best of a solid material.

D) Wrap: A mylar wrap is used to secure the construction and offer a barrier shield prior to the application of a flexible PVC jacket. The addition of mylar and cotton forms a buffer with the PVC so as to maintain exceptional dielectric properties.

E) Shield: An earthed OFC shield insures maximum RFI rejection, thus preventing Common Mode noise from affecting the live and neutral conductors.

E) Jacket: PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.

TERMINATION: Sequel cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke Audiophile grade moulded connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.

Please enjoy the same disclaimer I have nothing to do with ISOTEK other than being a consumer listener. The sound is great though it was the physical makeup that swung me.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.