Power Line Cable

Hi all, I wonder if anyone elae is experiencing the same but I’ve had a Powerline Mains Cable on order now with my (usually very relaible dealer) since 11th December, it stated 2-3 days delivery back then but I still haven’t had a firm date, I’m now been told maybe the end of Jan. I’m thinking of having my money back and trying an alternative like Isotec so my question is, has anyone had experiance with both Naim cables and say Isotek (or others) to compare? It seems you can get a pretty decent alternative for around the same money (£650).

There’s normally a couple on **** for half the new price or even ring around some other dealers and see what they’ve got as ex-demo/used. I’d go that route, have it sooner and save a few quid.

4 Likes

I have the same. Ordered a Power Line early December. Within a week I got the news that delivery would be early January. Oh well… That moved to mid Jan first and yesterday the dealer received ‘unknown’… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’d go for a secondhand one if I were you. As already mentioned, a certain auction site will no doubt have one or two listed at any given time. I have bought mine via that route with no problems and saved money in the process.

2 Likes

Annoying although a wait is, it doesn’t mean that the cable is any less ‘performant’ (sorry about the use of that annoying non-word but it does convey a meaning) so I wouldn’t change to an alternative…

1 Like

Plenty of them around as folk swap and change. If you’ve owned Classic series kit and purchased PLs separately and then upgraded to 500 series that come with PLs, then you end up with spare cables. I think that’s how most become available used. I know that’s what happened with me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.