Power plant

Hi my friends sum advice pls contemplating a ps 20 power conditioner for my naim system
252 and supercap Dr
300 dr and sopra 2
Has anyone tried it or demo it… What did u think did it help dynamics or what… Thanks in advance :thinking::grin:

I read a few negative comments here on the PS power cond with Naim.
Better use non filtered high quality powerblock.

1 Like

Cool thanks for that… Any recommendations

If there’s no filters or other circuitry. What does it do that any other powerblock wouldn’t do as well?

Generally Naim components don’t work well with power conditioners. Naim doesn’t recommend them.
But some experimented good results with Isotek and Audioquest Niagara.
As I read very regularly this forum, all I can report is that PS seems to not work good…Can’t say more.
The favourite here is Music Works powerblock. Other use Isol 8, Music Line… Anzus…
I use Eros Titan.

1 Like

Living in Australia n not having much luck with getting decent power strips for my equipment :roll_eyes:

Have you considered building your own using Aus standard sockets?

2 Likes

@Mike_S lives near you, in NZ. He has an Isotek Sirius.

2 Likes

Nup Mike thought it b easy enough to buy sumthin as I don’t like making stuff for use with electrical as I’d always wonder if it was safe :roll_eyes::joy::joy:

Hi,

Firstly, the PS Audio PowerPlant 20 is not a mains conditioner, it’s a mains regenerator.
I use a PowerPlant in my system and wouldn’t be without it as the improvement it brings is huge.

The PS 20 is the current top of the range and will easily handle your system.
Try one at home, - it’s the only way to really tell.

Regards,
Mark Dunn

2 Likes

Awsum thanx for that what does it bring to Ur system

@MarkDunn is correct in that it is a power regenerator. Completely different.
I own the Stellar P3 for all of my sources and plug it into my 20a dedicated line. My Integrated is plugged directly into the wall, though. Anyway, I would not be without one, either. PS Audio Power Regenerators are fantastic pieces of audio ingenuity and one of the more worthwhile investments in this department. Agreed that typically power conditioners are a no-go with most things Naim.

1 Like

Have you considered leaving the country? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cool thanx for the reply jsawyer

Haha I would the way it’s bien run by Dan Andrews :joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s no picnic here, either. This entire planet’s untenable…but at least there’s music.
I’d describe what the Power Plants bring to one’s system, however they’re likely tired accolades. Read up on some of what’s being said on the PS Audio forum. Lots of great descriptions and explanations of what they do. I’ve been a fan of both Isolation Transformers and Power Regeneration for some time.

1 Like

There are a few good ones around, you do have search. The best ones seem to be online, it’s difficult to get power conditioners here though.

Yep crazy times indeed cool I’ll give that a wee look… Yep gotta have music :notes: :grin:

1 Like

Might want to look at the Shunyata Research products. I’m using the Denali S6000 v.2 . I’m not a fan of the PS Audio regenerators. A lot of complexity that adds a lot of failure points.

I have my rig 252/300/dCS source and the lot fed by P20
It’s a big improvement for me - but my dilemma is - I have polluted mains but impractical to install a separate spur

I would say try to have a separate spur for Hi-Fi then test other power equipment

2 Likes