Power supply for EE8

[quote=“frenchrooster, post:28, topic:29096”]
as always all is system dependent. [/quote]

This explains why there are so many conflicting results reported in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks, I had a look. Unfortunately they don’t do a 5V LPS. But, they do audio switches with on-board LPS which look interesting.

Doing a bit more research, the Silent Angel Forester F1 is available here, or in Australia, and is made to go with the EE8 (well the Silent Angel original), so it seems probably the best option for me.

4 Likes

Uptone EtherREGEN with Farad3 PSU for me.

Farad3 with Furutech IEC, Orange Fuse, Farad Mains cable, and Level 2 Silver DC cable into a ldovr Dual Stage, which is a further 6 LT3045, with a MCRU Silver DC cable to EtherREGEN.

Used into NDS with twin power supplies, one being 555DR, through a Chord Sarum Tuned Array streaming cable from the ‘B’ port.

This was a significant improvement on a Netgear GS105E & Cisco SG110D-05 with ZeroZero 15W LPS.

2 Likes

Come on Mike, get what you really want, which, as we all know is a Phoenixnet!

3 Likes

I just googled it, the price :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Of course, my streamer does not have WiFi

2 Likes

Is it plugged in with an ethernet cable?

What router do you have?

What streamer and dac do you have?

I use, an ex demo, Silent Angel Forester F1.
It can drive two 5v outputs but I only utilise one so has plenty of power.
EE8 feeds the streamer only with relatively cheap passive screened BJC Cat 6a and standard DC leads.
It’s worked well and wouldn’t take it out of my set up.

2 Likes

The router is a unifi dream machine se

Streamer is custom.
Dac varies currently a gustard x16

Do you have a switch between the router and the custom streamer?

What ethernet cables do you use?

I am worth it, that is true. You are very kind.

1 Like

Still yes. Anyone with a streamer that does not have WiFi has a switch before it.

The cables in general are from Excel or Lindy I forget which and am not in front it.

What switch do you use?

What power supply do you power it with?

It’s a unifi 16 port managed switch I forget the name. I have unifi throughout the network.

They have their own power supplies which are perfectly functional for the task at hand.

Hi @Mike_S
I can vouch for the Silent Angel Forrester F1, which I use in conjunction with EE 8 switch and a Cisco 2690. It gives a nice uplift to the overall sound. I have tried running two EE 8 switches from the F1, but could not justify the extra EE 8 switch. I personally, would not get caught up in cable upgrades for it, either.
If I was to buy again, for me it would be a choice between the Forrester F1, Farad Super 3 or Plixir Elite BCD.
I have no experience of the last two, but hey you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. :blush:

4 Likes

The Silent Angel website shows that the F1 uses 60W of power, which seems like a lot.

It is a lot. Should be more like 4-5W.

Maybe I misunderstood, but that’s what it says. I got rid of my Cisco 2960 mainly to save power, but an F1 looks like it uses even more.

1 Like