Powerlines for Amplifiers

Wow Andy - I see you’ve spent your £10k. Very nice set up indeed . Ndx2, 555, 282, 200. I can only but dream.

I think I suggested the 282/200 as a compromise. I’m claiming that!

The only thing that worries me is your rack. It does not match up with this level of gear, but one step at a time and WAF will be your biggest challenge!

The EE8 switch is a good ethernet performance upgrade too. A separate mains spur is essential to get the purest mains overall.

As for Powerlines , definitely one on the source (555) and experiment between 282 and 200 for the other one.

Get a Hiline too between streamer and preamp.

Then youve pretty much maxed things out until the next windfall occurs.

Enjoy !

Thanks roda - I did manage to stretch the budget (by 40%!), helped by the fact that we are not currently spending on holidays!

I have bought a (used) Hi-line, and think I will get another Powerline, so that everything is covered. I just want to try and get everything done now, to avoid the immediate need to upgrade (famous last words).

I know the shortcomings regarding the rack, but I have pushed Mrs B far enough! I am very lucky and will possibly look at a different rack somewhere down the line…

You now have a great system, leading from the front , but well balanced and a very understanding wife!

Other than a dedicated rack ( i use the nice furniture like Isoblue rack) and a hicap dr for pre-amp and a 250dr power amp, i don’t think you can ask for much more, before getting into the realms of really, really, silly money.

But if this is your end stop, then you are at a very nice resting place.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.