PrimaLuna DiaLogue preamp with Naim NAP 250 DR - Good match?

I have always wanted to ask this question but is very afraid it is not well-regarded. Is it sensible to try and get a tube preamp like PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium Preamplifier to match with a Naim NAP 250 DR.

I have a Uniti Star and is trying to upgrade to NDX 2, but feel the preamp side is a bit of a cost sink. So thinking of getting a cheap but respectable preamp to try.

With regards to output/input impedance, does it seems to be ok with Naim solid states?

Don’t be afraid, others may be thinking of doing something similar!

Sorry I can’t help with your query, but good luck

Roog

Theory has it that Naim power amps are specifically designed to work optimally with a Naim pre-amp. I would suggest that without a demo it would be a bit of a punt with no certainty as to outcome.

Regards,

Lindsay

ear 864 second hand is an excellent match for the naim nap 250. Not easy to find a tube pre which matches naim amp. Not easy to try also because you need to have a modified cable( din/xlr to 2 rca).
I have tried conrad johnson, but bad results. Ear 912, ear 868, and ear 864 will suit very well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.