Probably not? - Naim App Question

Using dBPoweramp / Minim / Naim App

Assuming a box set of 3 albums with 10 tracks on each.

Is there any way to have the box cover photo displayed on the screen, with all the tracks i.e. 1-30, then when clicking e.g. track 11, the appropriate picture for that album is displayed?

I have loaded it all, it displays track No. 1 picture i.e. Album No.1 picture.

Clicking to open indiviual tracks, the correct photo for the album is displayed i.e. 1-10 album No.1 photo, 11-20 album No.2 photo etc.

Just problem with box cover photo, cannot think of a solution?!

To be sure I understand - you want the same photo (the box cover photo) on all the individual album
(1-30) tracks.

Yes itā€™s possible, Iā€™ve done it with a few of mine. You need a .jpg copy of the box cover (re)named ā€˜coverā€™ or ā€˜folderā€™.
Then using dBpoweramp you can change the cover art.
With Windows-10 ā€˜File Explorerā€™ or the Mac eq., open each of the albums & select (highlight) all the tracks, left click on the tracks, select ā€˜Edit ID Tagsā€™ in the Pop-Up screen. A new edit screen opens up & the existing art picture in at the bottom left side of the screen.
Remove the existing art (thats done with the X on the far right side of the screen)
Select either ā€˜Load From Fileā€™ if you have a .jpg, or ā€˜Choose From Internetā€™ - this is an auto-lookup screen & look to see if the one you want is available. Select (touch) & it loads to dBp edit screen.
Then donā€™t forget to press ā€œOKā€ (save) at the bottom of the screen
Repeat for the other two albums.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I have obviously explained it badly

I want the Box Cover photo on the Naim app as I scroll through my albums.

e.g. a box set of 3 Beatles albums, ā€˜Helpā€™, Rubber Soulā€™, ā€˜With The Beatlesā€™
The box has a cover photo different to the 3 albums, so it should appear on the Naim app album listing, but when clicking a track from ā€˜Helpā€™ - the ā€˜Helpā€™ cover photo appears.
Help is needed !

Once I click e.g. Track 1 or 2 or 3 - 10 - I wish the album picture (which is on tracks 1-10 i.e. Album No.1)
If I click on Track 11,12,13 - 20 I wish Album 2 cover to appear.

It works fine apart from the box cover photo, nowhere to put it?

The Naim app appears to take the Track No.1 photo as the album cover.

I cannot really think of a workaround ?!

The Naim app doesnā€™t do much except display what it gets sent. What you are looking is something that the media server software controls. Thats Minimserver I see & Iā€™m not that familiar with it, so I suggest you ask the question on the Minimserver forum.

Iā€™m not sure what precedence rules Minim uses for artwork but you could try putting a folder.jpg in each album folder with the box artwork, and then embed the album-specific artwork into the album track files as described by Mike.

Thanks for replies and suggestions, I will further investigate, but not sure it is possible

https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=3847

This link might help.

1 Like

The link to the minimserver artwork ā€˜hierarchyā€™ within the (minim) thread above looks like it should answer your question. Your question has made me think about how I might handle some multiple album sets (differently). I wonder whether thereā€™s a similar hierarchy for Asset?
I know thereā€™s a way you can determine which image is used at the artist browse level, and I might look into this further when Iā€™ve got a bit more time on my hands.

1 Like

Done It !!
The link below explains

I have now got an 8 album set with the main box cover photo on the Naim app, but when selecting individual tracks the correct album cover appears.

The link below explains it.
Thanks @gert & @GavinB for kick starting me !

https://minimserver.com/ug-library.html#Artwork

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.