Problem saving new downloaded hi res album so Unitiserve

Years ago my Unitiserve had a habit of randomly disappearing in my Mac finder and/or N-Serve. I never really got to the bottom of it, but it’s no longer an issue for me.
What I do find is that in an OSX finder window the US is sometimes listed as an available drive, or sometimes as an available network device, or sometimes both. Strange, but at least it’s always there.
As a Mac user I have never attempted to change any SMB settings.

ok I am getting confused now, if you are trying to connect to it via a mac then you hit go in the finder menu and connect to server. you can just enter the ip address without slashes usually

Back on windows people sometimes get confused with the address bar, I am referring to the bar at the top of an explorer window not a browser.

If these arent working, I would be more inclined to believe its the userve

Also what is the IP you are entering and is it correct to the range of your network, i.e. 192.168.0.x. (for instance)

Generally speaking the UnitiCore will find the UnitiServe and download everything from it. I remember Paul’s experience at the time and as he said, Naim’s software director spent an hour and a half trying unsuccessfully to sort it out. That isn’t what normally happens obviously.

I had no difficulty importing music from my UnitiServe into my UnitiCore and probably most people will find the same.

Did you reenable or install smb 1. I get confused since this thread turned into a mac problem thread not win11.
Why and how to disable SMB1 on Windows 11/10 (thewindowsclub.com)
This is the reverse of what you want to do. In my setup all 3 checkmarks under support for smb 1 is enabled.

I have all 3 check marks under smb1 enabled

Its getting ridiculous now - and annoying having spent over two grand for the unitiserve

Maybe the time is right to go for a more modern server / ripper that allows Roon endpoint and QOBUZ high res streaming to keep my NDS goin a bit longer

In that case your local connectivity issue seems the smallest problem. This can work on win11 that is the folders can be visible and the download folder is available for copying.

Sadly this is the reality. My advise for what it is worth is don’t rely on hifi manufacturer to produce streamers or servers, just get a damn good dac.

Latest update !

I reverted back to windows 10 and this is now sorted

Thanks for all the suggestions

No idea why it now works however I am now listening to the new Kasey Musgraves album in hi res

Great !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.