Problem with several danish radio stations on vtuner

Hi,
Probably for @Stevesky
I have been alerted to some problems wit a few Danish stations.
First, there is a few stations named radio alfa in internet radio. location, europe Denbmark, all stations. All these radio alfa are basically the same local radio stream for different locations. All these streams has stopped working no matter what device and version of vtuner i try using, 555, muso qb first generation or n-serve on ns01 latest firmware.
When we have another station that seems not to work only on n-serve on the old naim servers. Again Denmark all stations radio4.
Radio4 seems to work on both 555 qb, but not on n-serve. All streams are mp3 so should be able to work and has worked on the old Naim servers that as I understand it uses the oldest version of vtuner.
Claus

Hi @Claus

I’ve reported this into VTuner. Hopefully will get them working against shortly.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Hi @Claus

That should be all working now.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not all of them. I am just reviving my ns01 and here the first 3 alfa stations gives cannot open station alert. This is radio alfa, radio alfa aarhus and radio Alfa Silkeborg and the last one radio alfa viborg.
The rest of the Alfa streams works fine also on ns01.
Radio 4 works on my qb, but still says: cannot open station alert on my ns01.

Testing on my 555 Radio 4 works like on gt the qb, but all the radio alfa stations that does not work on the ns01 is the same here so: radio alfa, radio alfa aarhus, radio Alfa Silkeborg and radio alfa viborg does not work.
Claus

Hi Claus,

I’ll asked VTuner to have another go at this. They only fixed the examples I gave them, rather than the whole network.

re: BBC Radio 4 on NS01. Earlier this year the stream was switched over to HLS format, as the BBC are switching off the MP3 soon. The NS01 (designed in 2006 - one of my first projects at Naim) is too old to support HLS, so unfortunately that stream is no longer playable.

Regards

Steve

Do you have any idea why radio4 will still not play on the old servers?

Claus

Hi Claus,

re: Radio4 - if we are talking about BBC Radio 4 then see my last reply. However, I know there is a Denmark radio4 (https://www.radio4.dk/). In theory that should work as it’s an MP3 stream. If its the Denmark one let me know and we’ll investigate more.

Best

Steve

Yes Sorry for the late answer it is the Danish version of radio4. It has worked even on the old servers, but some time back stopped working. Now it seems to work unles you are using the old servers ns01 or similar.
Claus

1 Like

Hi Claus,

Take 2 :slight_smile:

So we’ve swept through all of these stations and they now all work:
Radio Alfa
Radio Alfa Silkborg
Radio Alfa Aarhus
Radio Alfa Gold
Radio Alfa Midtjyland
Radio Alfa Skive
Radio Alfa Sydfyn
Radio Alfa Viborg

Regarding the Danish Radio4 on old NS01, we’ll get a device setup and try it out. Those older devices do run in a compatibility mode nowadays (as they have limited codecs to handle modern radio broadcasts), but in this case it really should work.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Yes all alfa streams works on my 555, so hopefully also on the old serbvers. I will get my friend to check his streams out over the weekend on Userve.
Browsing through the list I found radio Folk

Here there seems to be a working stream, but trying on vtuner not locked in I get a this stream is not available message.

Claus

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.