Problem with Supercap or 282

See below, taken from the Naim Connections Guide Issue 2 2001.

The Channel selection happens depending which Input you connect to on each 135.

As above. There is only one channel connection at each of the power amp inputs so there is a length of unused wire in each cable. Possibly a potential aerial for noise but all sounds good to me. Unless of course you have “boutique” ears. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, Ian. It’s so long since I had a look at the back of my amps that I can no longer remember anything about the connection cables from the 52 to the 135s. If pressed, I would have said that I thought that I had different cables for LHS and RHS, one with a red tag, the other with a green tag, so that there was no risk of mistakenly swapping channels. (I may have got this all wrong, as something in the back of my mind is telling me that the signal is routed through the Supercap, which seems quirky enough in the wonderful World of Naim,)

I really ought not to worry about these things, but I’m just desperate to get away from this wretched place of confinement and get back home. I’m also doing all I can to stop my brain turning to mush.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve just moved from a 250 to 300, and have the Superlumina lead for the 250. I thought I’d need the 2 mono XLR Superlumina for the 300, but can I just get a second stereo XLR Superlumina and use them both on a 300? Might be a cheaper option, unless I switch to the Witchhat Morgana.

That’s set me thinking - I believe my Morgana XLRs do have one red and one white lead per mono pair and I thought the white one was WH’s stereo XLR lead.

I can’t check that as I’m not at home with the system but perhaps others can confirm/disagree.

1 Like

You could do that but you could also sell the stereo one and get a used pair of monos. That would probably save you more and you’d have the optimum cables.

I think the mono pairs are more expensive than the single stereo, though optimizing is clearly a good option, hence a possible shift to Morgana.

We’ve been looking at this.

We sold our SuperLumina Din/XLR along with 250DR to fund 300DR. So are now on standard leads.

A SuperLumina two mono pair is definitely more expensive used than two stereo cables. Not sure why :cry:

1 Like

I messed up once with the speakers cables, sounded awful, :crazy_face:

I believe that is correct. There should be ‘handed’ cables. Red is right… as always.

The signals are routed through the Power Supply - Pre - to - PS - to - Power - is Naim Normal.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.