Problems with Naim app (iPad) losing its connection to the streamer when switching away to another app and back again

I think I have solved this problem at least for me.
On an iPad if your in the Naim app playing music,you slowly move your finger up from the bottom revealing other apps for example Safari to view the forum. When your done you again slowly move finger up again and choose the Naim app and it’s always connected to whatever is / has been playing.
BTW I have an ND555 and was happening 80% of the time prior

Hi @jsaudio - thanks for this. You’re a star!
Have tried what you suggested.
Instead of switching between apps by using the Home button, raise the dock from auto-hide by slowly swiping up from the base of the screen while in an app, and then selecting the other app icon in the dock.
Doing this seems to enable the Naim app to retain its previous context.
I just tried this method to swap between Safari and the Naim app several times while writing this response, and each time it seems it has retained the previous state of the app.

Hi all
I’ve got (older) iPad, iphone 11 & android tablet: this is regularly happening on all 3, slightly less often with the phone, very regularly with the android.

I’ve added this just incase it begins to ‘grow in number’. :relaxed:

Will give this a go. My experience is with an ND555 too. (Although this may not help with the instance of just closing the iPad then re-opening it 20 mins later to check which song is playing.)

I thought I was only one experiencing this!

Android tablet (ancient) and phone (new) both exhibit this behavior with Naim app when coming back to app from Facebook/Whatsapp etc. it goes to Rooms screen. Honestly thought it was because we have two rooms (272 and SuperUniti).

Mostly after a delay it reopens the last connected device, but sometimes it gives an error about another app is connected to device or something and you have to wait then click Room to control.

Very annoying, so much so that I tend to use HIFI Cast app instead it has no such issues.

Glad it works for you too.

Someone will be along soon to tell you it’s your network!

3 Likes

I have an NDX2 and an iPad. I can make it do this almost every time. While playing music from the Naim app, switch to the Google app. Search for something, then switch back to Naim app. For some reason that freaks out the Naim app. Switching to other apps doesn’t seem to cause this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.