Programming an older Naim remote to work the volume on a non-Naim preamp

I searched the faq and the various open threads as best as I could, but couldn’t come up with anything on point. If this thread is duplicative, I apologize, please just point me in the right direction.

I have a Naim remote circa 2001 (pic below is just off the internet, but that is the type I have - I’m not at home and can’t take a photo of my own to post), which works my cd3.5. It also has provision to work a preamp, etc., but I can’t get it to work the volume/mute on my AI Modulus L2B. In the past I guess I’ve been lucky - the remotes from both my Plinius equipment and my BAT equipment (all long gone), always magically worked everything in my system, so my question is whether there is a way to get the Naim remote to talk to the volume control on my AI preamp (the only functions on the AI remote are volume and mute, so there is no possibility of going the other way)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And if the answer is that it can’t be done, then so be it, just thought I’d ask the experts.

Thank you!

NSC

I do not think it is possible to re-programme a Naim remote… AFAIK… :thinking:

Thanks. I was afraid that would be the answer, but had to ask anyway. Wonder if there’s a way to get the preamp to recognize the remote, instead of getting the remote to talk to the pre….???

The controls on the Naim follow a standard protocol. I think it’s Phillips

I wonder whether you could get a programmable remote that you could control the Naim stuff but with the volume controls for your amp.

I do something similar. My Sky remote controls the Sky box but the volume controls my 52

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.