Proper Stand Worth the Outlay?

Thank you @feeling_zen - the SS Tripod! Very good rack but, um, domestically hated! Could not think of the name, cheers.

IIRC, SoundStyle only put their name on the more expensive and inferior gloss version with glass shelves. The better matt black and ash shelf version was produced badgeless.

If I’m honest, they outperformed the basic Quadraspire. But ugly and not adjustable shelves.

@feeling_zen
Yes, I don’t remember a badge or name being on the rack - it was only when I googled images following your post, that I confirmed it. And you’re right, for the money it was an excellent rack!

Ive wondered this for years but couldn’t bring myself to spend a couple hundred quid per shelf (that most manufacturers charge) so I built my own… £100 Oak worktop, £30 oak handrail, £10 spikes and £30 for some atacama spike feet.
Took lots of time, but only cost around £170 total (which is around 1/3 of the price) !

11 Likes

Nice. I contacted the Atacama factory to ask about their rejects (they call them seconds!), but are actually just slightly off shades of stained bamboo. No marks/scratches or anything. I got a 5 shelf Eris plus black satin legs, spikes and delivery for £322…got a spare shelf for a Hicap now!

Chap called Dennis is great and really helpful; he’ll send you photos so you can match the shades.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.