PSU for Roon PC

Hi here is my little project just finished…phew 260 soldered connections later here she is …19v at 6A and 5v at 1.5A… Using Belleson super regulators…and over 30,000uf capacitance for each supply…

6 Likes

I have done a quick testeroo with Roon …replacing a cheap laptop type psu and it appears to have improved bass and high frequency resolution. The only downside is there is a hint of sibilence…I am hoping with time this will mellow as the huge capacitor array settles down…fingers crossed. The 5v volt supply is for my AQvox se switch…not tried that yet…

Much neater job than the 5 linear supplies I built to power my music PC. I’m sure the sibilance will settle down once you’ve run them in a bit. Musically Linear power supplies rule, all IMHO

Well done to you. I took the lazy route and added a Linear Power Supply from MCRU. Total success, despite the doubters.

Cheers guys…I was quite chuffed to have completed it…

Very impressive job there, sir! Found similar benefits with a Sean Jacobs LPS on a Roon Nucleus. Bigger soundstage and less granular mids, too. You’ll probably find it improves over the first week. Enjoy!

1 Like

I hope so … the Sean Jacobs is an excellent psu… I think I may need to replace the filter caps on the output with higher quality ones…time will tell…there is 3 I can replace…with Mundorfs…or Elna…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.