Pulsatile tinnitus

Well popeye, 4-6 KHz is certainly the very upper range of harmonies produced by the human voice. Most chatter would occur between 300-2500 Hz. even less probably. So a female scream tex could possibly go that high up- do hope that it is not a case of ‘ matromonial deafness’, which I get pulled up on, on…well numerous occasions. :face_with_monocle:
Also human voice and tellegibility ( is that a word?) there of improves, when your preamp improves
, just sayin’ …:rofl:
On a serious note probably easier to call you and I shall! ATB Peter

1 Like

Mushrooms anyone

@litemotiv posted above a study on that. Don’t know if your post was serious or not, however the study mentioned psysocib, which is the psychedelic mushroom.
I tested it when 20. After the hallucinations effects on first hours, it gave very clever results on the consciousness.

Yes, I was serious. I have been reading a book by biologist Merlin Sheldrake titled “Entangled Life”, it goes into some detail on fungi, and the effects of “magic mushrooms” on humans.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on the book, I’d be interested in that, I probably have metabolic syndrome.

Have I missed some posts here being deleted, especially in relation to rather cheap digital otoscopes?

Mine arrived yesterday, unfortunately it’s not wax, I need to see an ENT surgeon I think.

Just realised, the posts in question are in the microsuction thread.

“Why we get sick” by Dr. Benjamin Bikman.
Great book and great speaker who is incredibly well qualified on the subject.
Worth checking out some of his YouTube videos as well.

1 Like

Thanks adeypoos.

You’re welcome. I’ve been reading up on this sort of stuff for a couple of years now. Let me know if you want any other recommendations.

Ade.

1 Like

Ah, very interesting, co-authored by Dr Jason Fung who I regard as something of a genius when it comes to diabetes/insulin resistance.

1 Like

He was going to be another of my recommendations as it happens.
I highly recommend intermittent fasting if you are on the cusp of metabolic syndrome. A lot of people are without realising it, many having pre-diabetes/insulin resistance because of high fructose/glucose in their diet and eating too frequently. If you have central obesity, like I did, you’ll be amazed how quickly your belly disappears when you start fasting. It’s like your body knows what to get rid of first. I could go on but I’ll defer to Mr Fung, Bikman instead.

1 Like

I’d also add that I’ve read both Mr Fung’s books, “The Obesity code” and “The Diabetes code”, both excellent.

What means fasting ?

Not eating for an extended period, be it days or perhaps overnight after a certain time.

1 Like

Some might call it time restricted eating.

Un jeûne in french. It means that you don’t eat anything at minimum during 16 hours.
It’s that?

This is something I do and have been doing for several years. Keeps me in shape and mentally sharp.

Even when working out. Only exception : mountaineering.

I highly recommend it too :+1:

The length of time can vary depending on your experience, what health benefits you aim to get from it etc. Skipping breakfast is the easiest way for most.
Oh and lower your carb consumption as well. More butter and less bread.

1 Like

I have something that the name ‘pulsatile’ made me wonder if that is it, but from the OP’s and @davidhendon’s descriptions clearly isn’t, but I thought I’d post here purely for potential interest. At certain volumes noises sometimes trigger a pulse in my left ear - a rhythmic sound creates a mimicking pulse. Lowish sound levels do it - from a beep type alarm clock, to quiet music. The pulse is a bit like the effect of yawning, equalising a slight imbalance in pressure across the eardrum.

It’s a bit weird, but nowhere near being a problem, not doing it every day and only triggered by sound pulses over a fairly narrow sound level range.