Puritan 136 or 156 mains purifier in a Naim system

Yes I do have a Nova. I can only speak for the Puritan PSM136 because that’s what I own. I noticed a clear difference and definite improvement in definition, as I’ve said in my previous post. I suggest you audition one for yourself, it’s the only way to tell.

2 Likes

thank you. I will make a “supreme” effort to buy it … it retails for £ 995.00 in England. it is really very expensive. But if it really makes a difference, it will mean that I will work hard to get one. But I want to make an attempt to find it used … if I’m lucky! ???

I am running the 136 in my system and noticed no degradation of sound what so ever. If anything, it improved things, but my power is extremely dirty and I have DC offset problems, which the Puritan corrected wonderfully.

2 Likes

How did the dc offset problems manifest themselves in your system?

Expensive, yes,but relative to the offerings from Audioquest, as far as I can tell, good value?

I had major transformer hum in just about all components. In my hi-cap it was so bad I couldn’t use it as it would have been damaged (the hum was so loud the entire unit was vibrating and could be heard from anywhere on that floor in the house. Since adding the Puritan, all humming is gone.

1 Like

Good to hear.

After long consideration, contacting Mike at Puritan and reading pretty much every forum comment and review I was able to find + watching few youtube videos, I ordered the 136 and 3x classic power cables to power my Linn ADSM/3 + ATC SCM50ASL combo (also EE8 switch in the setup). I really hope it’s worth it. This will be my first time trying power filter in the setup. Usually the problem with these products is that they limit dynamics/choke the sound to some extent. That shouldn’t be the case with 136 and its 15A outputs. I’ll report back when it arrives and is up and running.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.