Qobuz launches in six more countries

Yes it seems to have sorted it’s self out and now playing hi res through the app into the Atom which allows me to stream to my 272 and gen one Muso.

Thanks for the help I now just have to deal with accidentally signing up twice.

If you have signed up for a free trial, you can cancel it immediately and still get use of the full trial period.

1 Like

great news - will check that out

In praise of the mighty Atom :blush:

1 Like

Got it running this morning. Now that I’m on Roon, it’s quite easy to compare with my Tidal favourites.

2 Likes

I’m up and running as well and as soon as the last of the kids/grandkids depart today I’m having my first proper listen to anything in over a week. :grin:

Hope it’s ok as I’ve already canceled Tidal.

2 Likes

I’ve been browsing through my Tidal favourites and found that most of them are on Quobuz, and for a significant number, at better resolution. There are a few though that are only on Tidal, so I’ll have to decide whether to keep that subscription going.

Apart from my obscure prog rock bands that don’t stream, I suspect that Quobuz will entirely remove the need to buy and rip CDs on the Core though.

2 Likes

I’ve had a quick session, but we are going to look at bikes/trikes for the girls and a pink hairdryer for Miss Mike. I’m just the driver…

1 Like

Have you tried Roon @Pete_the_painter? I’m finding it really good for curation, browsing and new discoveries. It’s certainly an exciting time for streaming.

2 Likes

…I did a side by side with Tidal and preferred Qobuz. Of course, my system, my room and my ears. …it was also $5.00 less expensive then TIDAL in the US.

I look forward to hearing what you, Mike and others have to say now that Qobuz has been made available and you have a chance to compare.

2 Likes

I did try Roon and hated it, it mixed up all my music and doubled my library and storage. I found it too confusing and really don’t want that kind of detail or complication. I just like listening.

I do expect that the Roon issue was probably operated error

3 Likes

It’s also about $6 cheaper here as well.

1 Like

I didn’t like Roon to start, for the same reasons. But after a while I found I got to understand the UI and find it quite useful. My trial also ended before I canceled it, so I’m stuck with for a year anyway…

Mike just had a quick listen to a favourite album that I’ve been listening to via Tidal for a few weeks and it sounds so much better in hi res on Qobuz. Kids still here so I still need more time but so far think it’s definitely better than Tidal.

3 Likes

Went from 272 and Tidal to Lumin U1 Mini into 272 and switch to Roon and Qobuz. Extremely satisfied with what it brought to both sound and UI.

LOL - didn’t think you could even get MP3 from Qobuz :grinning:

I’ll have a play later to see how to force non LPCM - it might be an account device setting

S

Well you see Roon keeps it truly simple and so makes no distinction unless you tell it to between local and cloud media - as with Roon it really makes no difference

S

Interestingly I had a similar view when using Roon. I played with a few of its features but un the end, only having one end point, I could justify a subscription.
I like to decide my " source" in the naim app and then choose my music.

1 Like

It can’t have doubled your storage, it simply uses the music that’s already there, it doesn’t copy things or store them separately, with the exception of the Roon library data, which would be stored separately from your music library.

It was through the app on my iPhone.