Qobuz Stuttering on Leap Day

I’ve given up trying to play anything with Qobuz this morning. I just can’t download fast enough for hires playback. TIDAL is fine and my internet is running at the guaranteed speed of 35/9.

Anyone else noticed this? Perhaps they don’t like giving a free day today!

Phil

Phil, if you have a new naim streamer try going into input settings…Qobuz…reset-to 96khz. And try again…been doing this with the Naim beta guys. Not sure if its Qobuz or home network?

No I don’t use a Naim streamer just an Innuos Zenith.

So you have noticed stuttering?

Phil

Yes Phil, …but only on say let it bleed-by the Stones and a very few others. It could be Qobuz, I have raised with Naim and my last night incident was logged, and a file and sent to Naim as i am in the beta group.

2 Likes

I believe I narrowed it down to Qobuz as per the OP.

Phil

1 Like

The problem seems to have gone away.

I noticed last weekend that the HiRes ‘anniversary’ LIB stuttered but the normal ‘HiRes’ was fine.

G

2 Likes

It’s still stuttering.

G

1 Like

Graeme, Have you tried the Naim Audio playlist which mixes CD and hires. This seems alright as the hires is not from the start. I tried the Carla Bruni French Touch Album this morning and gave up. It may depend on having time to read ahead and buffer.

Phil

Have you tried going into input settings/qobuz and then changing to 96 khz…does it still happen. You should email Naim either way so they are aware, they need to know the extent of the problem. For me it still sounded great at 96 instead of 192 khz?

That has indeed stopped the problem.

Thanks

G

Hopefully we get a fix from Naim shortly… decimating within the streamer the 192/24 stream to 96/24 media shouldn’t have a major impact.
I find playing via Roon with RAAT the issues go away, so obviously a work around that doesn’t affect the quality of the media until the Naim fix it, only if you have Roon of course.

Thats the current Naim advice, it did help…but i can still get the same Stones album, let it bleed anniversary remaster, high res album to stutter at times. I sent them 3 files over the weekend for them to investigate.

Sure it seems a workaround from Naim that obviously allows the media to play albeit at a loss of resolution (but 192 to 96 will be minimal)… fingers crossed it will be fixed shortly.

I’ve my NDX2 set to 24/192 and no issues so far

Not sure whether it’s the app, or Qobuz but I’m wanting to play an album… Plays track 1, skips to 4, then to 6, then 9 and back to 1 - it’s really annoying!

Anyone else having this problem?

Are you sure shuffle is not turned on?

As Hollow says, check Shuffle, I spent an hour once trying to work,out what was wrong. It’s the crossing arrows below the song duration 2.43 in the screen cap below.

As you were @Eoink @Hollow normal service has resumed (now feeling a bit sheepish) :relieved:

3 Likes

No need to feel sheepish, as I said I once spent an hour alternating various swear words as I tried to work out what on Earth was going on before I discovered the shuffle button I’d never even noticed and turned it off.

2 Likes