Qobuz

Very odd I’ve used my account for years and never had an issue. You sure you don’t have any characters in your password that could cause any issues?

I think I resolved it…there was a type of proxy server used on my router…deleted that and finally I can get Qobuz to run…but not with Roon. Roon simply will not accept the userername/password…no matter what…

Progress! Could you recap what works and what does not? Most importantly, is the Qobuz app on the phone still working when the phone is using the phone data network but failing when it is in your local wifi?

Phone app via 4g great…works, Qobuz on pc now works…both admin and webplayer. What does not work is Qobuz via Roon…doh.
Thanks for your interest and help…

More progress :slight_smile: but still some things that may help narrow down the Roon issue:

• Is the Qobuz phone app working via wifi?
  • And Qobuz working in the Naim app? (Is the Naim app also on the phone?)
  • I can’t find if you said where the Roon Core is running. On the PC or a separate box? (If the latter, wired?)
  • Do you have local files on the Roon Core and is that working? (I.e., Roon is generally fine and the Qobuz login failure the only issue?)

Reboot the core and retry if you changed stuff as it might not ripple through. At least some progress. It does seem this is you local set up causing it. So keep on going you will get there.

Hi tried Qobuz direct this morning on pc works great…then tried via Roon no go…this via Ethernet. Then tried Naim app via WiFi which is connected to house network…as soon as I tried to get Qobuz to work via Naim app it failed invalid user name/password …same as Roon. Something must be blocking communication…

Let me ponder this for a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is probably completely irrelevant. I have not had any problems with Qobuz but the symptoms do sound a bit like ones I’ve experienced on other sites because I use a VPN. If you use a VPN, it might be worth switching it off and see if it helps.

1 Like

Hi I do have a vpn but it is switched off in the viper consul …I only use it occasionally…
Qobuz is ultra sesative to dns…I am trying to get the recommended settings, currently my pc is on automatic and Huawei B525 is on 8.8 8.8 and 0.0.0.0 this works…if I change to auto on the Huawei Qobuz fails… So I am wondering if this is also an issue when running through Roon… Even though I have Qobuz running it fails via Roon doh doh and tripple doh…
I have just tried changing dns on pc to 8.8.8.8 to match Huawei… Qobuz works but Roon with Qobuz fails…arghh

You got any local DNS server/resolver, content filter, … on your local network? You mentioned a proxy somewhere?
It very much sounds like such a special component messes up (ah: interferes with) the communication unless you bypass it. (With using 8.8.8.8 or direct mobile network.)
Might affect your Roon core, while PC is fine or something. (And browsers often can use their own DNS settings, most software relies on OS settings, unless it’s very specific.)

Got it working!!! The user name…is actually not the user name it is the email address!!! For god sake…doh doh. I also reset my router…with dns 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1… bingo… ND555 now serving all the goodies :-))

5 Likes

I didn’t know Qobuz did separate user names!

LOL :joy: I was running out of ideas, it better keeps working. Enjoy!

You can laugh I was well pissed… :scream:

2 Likes

I wondered about a VPN too. This really sounds like a local network config issue or browser issue to me.

Read up the thread :wink:

1 Like

Weird - I login with my username not my email !

While we’re on the subject on Qobuz any idea why the Naim app only shows a small selection of the new releases?

If I go to the Qobuz app the list is much larger. Would like to be able to browse the full list each week!

I came across a similar issue whereby new releases were available in the Qobuz app but not when streaming inside the Roon environment. Today I tried to find Abba’s new singles in Roon. They were not available to stream from Qobuz in Roon but were available in the Qobuz app and I could stream them via the Linn Kazoo app. I haven’t looked to see if they are in the Naim app via Qobuz but the point is there is definitely a delay in Qobuz presenting new releases to third-party apps and the delay varies between different UIs.