Quality (& Costly) Balanced XLR Interconnect

Just to clarify. I (currently) found much larger important differences with mains power cables than interconnects. Perhaps I’ll just stick with what I got at the moment as the system is sounding really good with the latest cable purchase (Furutech DPS4.1/FI-50 NCF (R)). It’s the missing link that addressed all the shortcomings of the system I had before this. Well, you know human nature of constantly trying to explore and seek perfection or the ultimate / elusive sound, and it may never end…

Sometimes, it’s challenging to determine whether what you currently have strikes the perfect balance, or if further enhancements are necessary in certain areas. Any changes made might lead to worse outcomes, or, conversely, could surprisingly work like a stroke of magic.

1 Like

How satisfied you are with a system is inversely proportional to the amount of free time and disposable income.

When you have small kids, each day is like 36lbs of manure poured into a 24lb bag, your system will sound incredible :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. May I know what is the current amp and DAC you are currently using with the Duelund cables? I compared a £400 RCA to the XLR on my L-590AXII and the XLR sounded better. Since then I only consider XLRs. Apart from sound quality I prefer XLR connectors which have a satisfying click when the plugs lock to the sockets of both amp and DAC.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.