Quality NACA5

Hi
picked up my new naca5 cable today. there is a fault on the cable. cable plays Perfect. are such places normal due to the winding on the drum? should i change the cable?

That looks really compressed and possibly broken under the outer.

It would definitely be a return and replace if it was my purchase.

1 Like

That would definitely affect the secondhand resale value significantly too. I would ask for it to be replaced.

Best

David

2 Likes

That looks pretty bad. Very surprised if it was sold to you like that by a Naim dealer

1 Like

It doesn’t look good, but actually it’s not as bad as it looks.

The copper won’t be damaged; the cable sheath will have been deformed while still in the plastic state.
There is a narrowing of the sheath in one position, but there is also a thickening of the sheath either side of this position, therefore the narrowing is not actually as bad as it looks.

I suspect you dealer will declare that this is a normal manufacturing occurrence. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

dealer just spoken. he says that happens often. but there can be nothing on the cable itself. it is a former naim dealer and it was the rest of stock that i got at a great price. I can bring the cable back. unfortunately he cannot deliver a new one then.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.