Quartet Muartet

Anyone familiar with this Turkish group? In 2004 they released the excellent Dokuz parca - Nine pieces. They later released Dokuz parca daha - Nine more pieces and I would very much like to hear it. I cannot find it for sale, download or streaming, is it on Qobuz by any chance?

I’ve just had a look and through the Naim app and the Tidal/Qobuz apps I can only see the first album on both Tidal and Qobuz. Sorry.

Thanks. I saw a comment on Facebook that someone enjoyed both of their albums - I’ll keep searching, you never know…

It’s on YouTube! You can at least hear it and decide if it’s worth pursuing…

Edit - listening to Dokuz Parca now… keeps reminding me of Steely Dan!

Hmmm not necessarily hearing the Dan but they certainly seem to be able musicians. I discovered that when they were a trio they were called Trio Mrio and released a couple of albums. Also their various members have released a number of albums - lots of listening to do!

A couple of the tracks - Bir Iteri Bir Geri, and Budut - put me more in mind of National Health. Very tempted to buy that (if it can be found; I see it’s on iTunes…) - thanks for mentioning it…

Not so much what they were playing, maybe the overall sound.

Close enough for me to cue up The Nightfly after anyway…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.