Qubuz now in U.S. but I have old streamer

Maybe this has been covered and I am sorry for missing it, but Qobuz is just starting up in the U.S. I have been using TIDAL hi-res to my ND5-XS but that is facilitated directly in the Naim app. But TIDAL’s selection of classical leaves a lot to be desired and I have heard Qobuz is much better. However, I want to be able to use studio quality but it’s not obvious how I would stream that to my ND5-XS. Any advice?

Easiest way if you are an apple user and have an Apple TV or airport express around is to connect one of those to nd5xs and play via AirPlay from phone.

1 Like

You can use Bubble UPnP server running on a NAS, Raspberry Pi, old laptop etc. You then use Bubble client on your control pad instead of the Naim App and from there you can use Tidal or Qobuz and play on your legacy streamer.
There’s a whole topic in how to do it on the old forum - check the archive.

1 Like

And that streams 24-bit audio?

I don’t think it does, no.

Thanks I’ll look around. I have been streaming 24-bit audio from an older QNAP NAS but that uses LMS.

Yeah, I don’t think so either,

I have a Nova. I went live in the US with Studio Beta test version today. When you open the Qobuz app it gives you the option to play through a Hi-Fi device. The Qobuz app found my Nova instantly and linked directly through Chromecast. Streaming at 24/192. You need to navigate through Quboz App and then the album will show up in the Naim App. You can also use Roon. Hopefully that will work through the ND5-XS. Qobuz will go live to the US public on Valentines Day.

If you can get hold of a Chromecast Audio, that can be used with Qobuz, like an Airport Express, but it does have support for higher than 16/44, so might be worth a try. Gapless may not work, though.
It will also work as a Roon endpoint, which also gives you another way to try Roon.

My ND5-XS is not on the new digital platform like your Nova. It won’t work the same way. There is no Roon or Chromecast support built in.

They are gone. Unfortunate, I had the opportunity to buy one when they closed them out but had no reason to get one at the time. :frowning_face:

Not sure where you are, but you can still buy them from a few places in the UK.

I’m in the U.S. I might look around to see if I still find one.

Edit: found one new on eBay at the original price.

They seem to be making a dogs mess of the USA launch.
Pretty much saying in their email a mess, but tough.
Interesting they are adding Alexa support, but Qobuz promise allot and …

"One important note is the music catalog is not 100% complete yet, but it will be fully populated soon. Therefore, it is not necessary to bring missing albums to our attention.

Some features, such as SONOS, Yamaha MusicCast, CarPlay, Android Auto, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa should be available for the US in the near future. Many of our customers have also requested a Family Plan subscription - we are aware of this suggestion and hope to develop one soon. At this stage, you don’t need to focus on these features when using our service."

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.