Quick Poll - Interconnect for NDX2 to amp

Hi All

I’m listening to the NDX2 paired with SN2. For those with an NDX2, what interconnect are you using?

1. Standard Naim lavender cable that comes in the box
  2. Naim Hi Line
  3. Naim Superlumina
  4. Something else

Why have you chosen your option?

Many thanks for replying.

1GL

When I had my NDX 1 into a 252 I found the Hiline an improvement over the standard cable however I upgraded to a Super Lumina cable this was a massive improvement over the Hiline whilst not the same electronics.I trust this helps as it shows the improvements with the original I would imagine the new NDX2 would show the benefits to a greater degree.

See if you can arrange a home demo but give the cables plenty of time to settle in more so if they are brand new.

Happy cable hunting ?

1 Like

Thanks pcd. Appreciate the response.

I’ll put you down as
3. Superlumina

Where are all you NDX 2 owners then?

When I used a separate streamer…

4 Something Else:
Rean 5 pin DIN 180 plugs and Mogami 2549 or 2534 cable.

1 Like

This smacks of NDSism!:wink:

1 Like

With my CDX2 followed by NDX I went along the try everything route in the quest for something better, Lavendar, AR Sound, FlashBack Sales, various Chords & HiLine. I eventually made my own more as a shortest cable between connections experiment, using Mogami 2549 with REAN Neutrik DIN’s
As a result of what this did I sold the HiLine & the others I had left over.
I’ve never tried & compared an SL, maybe one day

1 Like

I’m using Tellurium Q Black but will be borrowing the Black Diamond in the coming weeks to audition.

2 Likes

I have the NDX2 and SN2, both bare as I believe the correct term is without additional PSUs. I use the standard Naim cable so that will be 1. for me.

2 Likes

I have an NDX2 and use the no. 1 standard cable into a NAC 202. I use Naim standard cables throughout the system.

1 Like

I’m a 2. Hiline on my NDX2/555DR

1 Like

Superlumina. Try to find one gently used; they pop up for sale from time to time.

1 Like

I’d only consider a fancy wire if you’ve already got a good stand and dedicated mains. It’s also worth bearing in mind that for the price of an SL interconnect you are in the territory of a used XPSDR. Remember too that these wires need to hang free of walls floors and stands in order to work to their full potential.

2 Likes

I use a Hi-Line from my ND5 XS 2 - I find the music flows nicer and is much deeper sounding than the supplied interconnect. With the standard interconnect lead, the music can sound like it’s being squeezed out of a toothpaste tube by comparison IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks HH.
I’ve got a HiLine on my CDX2 (properly installed) and its a significant improvement on the standard lavender. It really makes the CD player sing. I’ve got an NDX 2 on loan and so I tried the HiLine on it but I wasn’t really convinced. Which was a surprise and hence the question. I’m sure the Superlumina is a good shout but it’s not a realistic option for me (agreed an XPR DR would be a better option).

1 Like
  • Standard Naim lavender cable that comes in the box
  • Naim Hi Line
  • Naim Superlumina
  • Something else

0 voters

1 Like

Funny you should say that. I used a HiLine on my NDX(1) to 282 and was never convinced either. I have only really been happy with the SL interconnect. But as HH says, maybe better to sort out power supplies and racks first.

I currently prefer my Hiline to SL on my ND555 to 252…best to listen yourself. Its a bit confusing and preferential?

1 Like

The other confusing element is demoing cables at different levels of burn in. Yes, always demo as much as you can stomach, in your own system.

1 Like

Hi, Mike. Gold or silver Reans?

Nick

1 Like

This thread comes at an opportune time for me.

I am using NDX2 into a 282. I still have the Naim lavender DIN cable, but have started thinking about an upgrade. Before anyone pipes in, I’ll just say in advance “no” to the suggestions of an SL cable. That’s out of my budget.

For the past week I tried a Nordost Red Dawn RCA interconnect. It is burned in. I couldn’t tell a bit of difference, except once in a while with some things the Red Dawn has just a bit more air than the Naim lavender, but certainly nothing there to justify spending the $500+ for it. I took it back to the dealer today, and left with a Nordost Heimdall RCA cable. Initial impressions are the Heimdall is more of a list. The music is consistently more open and natural sounding, and smoother. But it’s also 50% more costly.

For less then the cost of the Red Dawn I can get a second hand HiLine, but I have no chance to audition it advance. Has anyone had a chance to compare HiLine and Heimdall ICs?

What about the new Witchhat Morgana IC. Has anyone heard this cable. Any thoughts about it?

1 Like