Quick Q: ND555 or 552 gets the Fraim top shelf?

Looks worse, but none of the leads now touch eachother and as Dave says, the Burndies in particular hang much better and don’t foul any other cables. Furthermost DIN XLR’s just about make it across.
The proof is in the listening: better balance across frequencies, easy flow, control of crescendos, I could go on, but you get the idea. Worth the effort for sure.

1 Like

Looks? Pah!

The proof is in the listening, as Kevin says, so, after a hard day’s work rebuilding the Fraim, (I know, been there, done that), can we all just let him chill out and enjoy the music, and refrain from the usual " if you move this" etc. etc.

:clap: :clap:

1 Like

The layout looks fine to me. Besides, as Dave says, it’s the sound that counts.

1 Like

How often is it sensible to rebuild the Fraim?

Do all Naim pre-amps benefit from having space around them, or is it only the 552 that is a right little diva?

I rebuilt/reorganized by two Fraim today. Now I have…
On left from top: NDX2 - 252 - phonostage
On right from top: SCDR - 300PS - XPSDR - 300HU

With this arrangement none of the cables touch each other, and all swing free of the wall and floor. Only the 300 burndies touch the floor, which doesn’t concern me too much, since they carry no signal, just power. I previously had a medium height level separating the 300HU from the PSUs but didn’t like how it looked, and it didn’t sound any better anyway.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.