Quobuz vs Tidal

Can one of the Qobuz users check wether albums from the Unidet Jazz&Rock Ensemble are available there? Tidal only features a few newer releases.

Can you do likewise with a Uniticore?

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a good idea to download direct to the music store. I have my metadata genres limited to 16, which helps to find music of certain styles. I always check the metadata and album art on the Mac, changing things where necessary, before copying to the NAS and then deleting from the Mac.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20230220_084124_Qobuz|481x500

1 Like

Donā€™t know, but normally, you have to download to a pc first, and then to the melco.
This way, with a pc needed in the line, could inject extra unwanted noise.

How is that?

No.

Witchcraft.

3 Likes

The same reasons you add better power supplies and isolation to devices.
PCs arenā€™t known for being quiet, thatā€™s why melco and the like sound better

But you are only downloading the file to the PC (and maybe editing the metadata) before copying to the Melco. It is still then on the Melco.

ā€œMy NASā€ is on a PC - I have no noise.

All i can say is, in my experience, keeping a pc out of the mix can only be a good thing.

As i have got much better kit, itā€™s become much easier to hear differences, before i would have said either very, very small differences or nothing at all.

1 Like

Same as on Tidal. None of the good stuff they made.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.